• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

They're both Board members.

Yeah, Harvey, I know. My point is that at this juncture the situation involves one transaction between two board members. That is what we should be addressing. Not hearsay accusations and not nebulous accusations with little substantiation.

So he scammed one Board member (that we know of) and possibly several outside of the Boards? hm

Can I change my vote?

S'okay Harvey. The poll should be considered a test of the polling system. It has no basis in reality.

We need to let the accuser, alexzan86, fulfill the PL rules first,

1) alexzan86 should rewrite his problem with as much detail as possible outlining HIS dealing with Ilovelamp. Hearsay or vague reports without real substantiation have no place in a PL or HOS nomination, so please just stick with your dealing with him. If other board members had misderalings with Ilovelamp that is the ideal place to discuss them.

2) send a separate PM to Ilovelamp informing him he is being nominated for the PL and linking to his nomination.

3) wait three days for a reply here

4) Then we can add to the PL if nothing satisfactory comes of it or see if other boardies come through with misdealings from Ilovelamp. that would make him HOSable.

I don't understand why he needs to be on the PL first and there can't be a HOS vote. If everything claimed is true, why wouldn't he be a HOS candidate? ???

Starting with the PL because so far it is one boardie vs one boardie for one transaction. PL is the best place to start, and we definitely need to hear form the accused. HOS comes in when others start adding their own experiences with the accused. You've seen this often enough to not have to ask.

The HOS and the PL are for issues between board members.We conduct our own investigations. We require first hand accounts from boardies about other boardies. That is the evidence we look at and discuss to come to our decisions. We don't look at other oftgen hazy reports say say "If this is true..."

Why do you guys think he has started to sell books on here again? He hadnt listed a book on here for years and listed daredevil in December. Its because he can't sell on fb anymore because of him being busted for his dodgy ways. Im just trying to warn you guys.

Why do you guys think he has started to sell books on here again? He hadnt listed a book on here for years and listed daredevil in December. Its because he can't sell on fb anymore because of him being busted for his dodgy ways. Im just trying to warn you guys.

And we appreciate you wanting to warn us. Please go back and read the last few pages, pay particular attention to what POV posted where he listed a few steps to follow. It's really not that difficult and will ensure that protocols are followed. Please remember that facts do matter around here. As a simple example, above you stated he has not sold on here in years, looks like he has sales feedback from March of 2015. People around here will pick that statement apart as minor as it seems.

Thanks.

Your desire to warn is appreciated but it would be more appreciated if you can write a PM to him telling him to come to this forum to answer your accusation. That is how it works here. If he doesn't respond in 3 days he will be at the least be put on the PL list. Thanks!

Your desire to warn is appreciated but it would be more appreciated if you can write a PM to him telling him to come to this forum to answer your accusation. That is how it works here. If he doesn't respond in 3 days he will be at the least be put on the PL list. Thanks!

Ok will do.

Trust me, I'm all for handing out board justice and holding those accountable for bad actions but can't think I'm the only one that has some follow-up questions regarding the above post. For example, the WD 100, I can't find that item ID and just want you to clarify that when you saw this posted on the bay it was in fact under the account of this seller, what is his ebay id? Was the book a CGC or Raw?

252604860102 this is the ebay try again. It was raw.

I would like to nominate Chip for probation. It has been at least 30 since he confirmed he got my payment. I sent him numerous requests about shipping of books and his answers were that he would get to them ASAP. I have had to initiate every contact and now I hear nothing from him.

I don't have a lot of money as I am on disability. I knew that Chip was in need of help and have been buying books from him for quite a while from here and on Ebay. I believe in helping out fellow man and did the best I could for him and his family. I am going forward with this because it tisn't that difficult to keep in contact with people, I had to keep chasing him, and let them know what is going on. In good faith I sent him a money order, which he acknowledged getting, and has failed to meet his requirement to send books.

I have sent him notice two days ago I would be nominating him.

I would like to nominate Chip for probation. It has been at least 30 since he confirmed he got my payment. I sent him numerous requests about shipping of books and his answers were that he would get to them ASAP. I have had to initiate every contact and now I hear nothing from him.

I don't have a lot of money as I am on disability. I knew that Chip was in need of help and have been buying books from him for quite a while from here and on Ebay. I believe in helping out fellow man and did the best I could for him and his family. I am going forward with this because it tisn't that difficult to keep in contact with people, I had to keep chasing him, and let them know what is going on. In good faith I sent him a money order, which he acknowledged getting, and has failed to meet his requirement to send books.

Chip Cataldo?

Chip Cataldo?

Yes

Chip Cataldo?

Yes

I see he has not posted since 11/16. Sorry this happened to you but hope he is ok as I know he has been having difficulties on the personal front. So just to clarify what was the last date you heard from him?

Adding: Did he read the PM?

Edited by MustEatBrains

I can't officially nominate Chip yet but I've also sent him a PM letting him know he will be nominated if we can't get things resolved in the next few days.

I sent Chip $100 on 11/3/16 and he quickly said he would get the movies and books out the door. I bought the movies as possible Christmas gifts and really was hoping to help him out during a tough time. On 11/21/16 I contacted him to check on the status of the order and he let me know 5 days later that he had gotten a new job but was in the process of getting evicted and asked for a bit more time and patience. I felt bad so let it go but it sucks that its now after Christmas and I have not heard from him about the order since then.

I just sent him the PM so I'll see what happens over the next three days.