• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

How's he going to cover all those licensing fees cheques?

So this is why he's gone missing...

The comic police got'em.

He's now working off his licensing debt in a labor re-education camp?

:ohnoez:

Communication is ALWAYS key. Life happens. Setting expectations makes everyone stress free.

That line you wrote - this is the SAME IDEA I have and use in practice, this I agree with you.

Unfortunately ... this fellow never replied to my last 2 PMs and that is now over 6 weeks since his last PM received. What happened? Unknown and there had been no update by him since. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Well, life happens!

Communication is ALWAYS key. Life happens. Setting expectations makes everyone stress free.

That line you wrote - this is the SAME IDEA I have and use in practice, this I agree with you.

Unfortunately ... this fellow never replied to my last 2 PMs and that is now over 6 weeks since his last PM received. What happened? Unknown and there had been no update by him since. I'm still waiting for a reply.

Well, life happens!

lol

Edited by paperheart

Communication is ALWAYS key.

This is a very obvious statement that probably everyone on earth would agree with, yet somehow so many still don't adhere to applying it in practice.

It's too bad the people that forget this adage manage to remember the other glaringly obvious one of: 'look both ways before crossing the street'.

Here's a scenario:

A few months ago I agreed to buy a book from a well respected and liked boardie. I threw up the :takeit: sign within a sales thread and that was that. Before I could complete the transaction, I received a strike (go figure).

Once I returned, I received a PM stating that the book was still mine if I wanted it (which I said I did). However, I haven't heard much of anything from the seller regarding the book since that PM.

I sent the seller a PM yesterday saying I still want the book (unread) so no response yet. I also sent a PM on 9/25 saying I still wanted the book. That message was read but no response.

So my ? is...since the initial :takeit: was a few months ago, do I have any recourse to obtain the book? Is this PL worthy?

Here's a scenario:

A few months ago I agreed to buy a book from a well respected and liked boardie. I threw up the :takeit: sign within a sales thread and that was that. Before I could complete the transaction, I received a strike (go figure).

Once I returned, I received a PM stating that the book was still mine if I wanted it (which I said I did). However, I haven't heard much of anything from the seller regarding the book since that PM.

I sent the seller a PM yesterday saying I still want the book (unread) so no response yet. I also sent a PM on 9/25 saying I still wanted the book. That message was read but no response.

So my ? is...since the initial :takeit: was a few months ago, do I have any recourse to obtain the book? Is this PL worthy?

Hey Brock!

Just my opinion but I would say it is PL worthy, that boardie has had plenty of time to send you a PM with the payment details. I know life happens, but a little communication goes a long way.

I really hate to have to call out another member from the boards, but I feel that I have been very patient on this issue and because I paid via friends and family, I have no PayPal protection. I debated letting it slide completely due to the low dollar amount, but a close boardie friend pointed out that I would be doing a disservice to other buyers on the boards so here we go...

September 02 - I was sent the payment information for purchases I made from boardie A-Donis. I made the full payment within a couple of hours, and because it was a long time boardie I paid via Friends and Family. This was a bonehead move on my part and I know better.

September 18 - I typed A-Donis and asked if the books had been shipped yet.

September 19 - A-Donis replied and said that he was in NC but would check when he got back home but remembered sending a package to CA.

September 27 - I never heard back from him so I typed him and asked if there was an update or tracking #

September 27 - A-Donis replied that he would be home tonight.

October 01 - I never heard an update from A-Donis, so at this point I was a bit annoyed. I told him that I still have not received an update and do not mind waiting but would appreciate being communicated with and not being blown off.

October 01 - A-Donis replied that he was sorry for not responding soon enough but after going through the orders he realized I was the only one that was not shipped. He said it would be shipped ASAP and would throw in some extras for the wait.

October 01 - I figured everyone makes mistakes so no big deal, and told him that was ok and I would let him know when they arrived and that there were no hard feelings.

October 09 - As of today, I still have not received the books or a tracking number. I feel that I have been patient enough, so I just wanted to let other board members know what happened.

I am requesting that A-Donis be placed on the probation list for failure to ship books that were paid for. I know that I must now send him a separate PM with a link to this page.

Has anyone else in that thread you purchased books received theirs?

I purchased something from him awhile ago and I had to remind him as well but the item was shipped (I think a week later).

Hopefully the issue can be resolved before the PL

Someone typed me that they received their books from that thread but not those from a separate thread. I will leave it up to that boardie to decide if they want to go public. I understand that mistakes happen but I am not seeing any effort to fix the problem. It is incredibly easy to print a label for a priority mail box, tape it on and let the postman pick it up. I do it all the time....

I really hate to have to call out another member from the boards, but I feel that I have been very patient on this issue and because I paid via friends and family, I have no PayPal protection. I debated letting it slide completely due to the low dollar amount, but a close boardie friend pointed out that I would be doing a disservice to other buyers on the boards so here we go...

September 02 - I was sent the payment information for purchases I made from boardie A-Donis. I made the full payment within a couple of hours, and because it was a long time boardie I paid via Friends and Family. This was a bonehead move on my part and I know better.

September 19 - A-Donis replied and said that he was in NC but would check when he got back home but remembered sending a package to CA.

September 27 - I never heard back from him so I typed him and asked if there was an update or tracking #

October 01 - I never heard an update from A-Donis, so at this point I was a bit annoyed. I told him that I still have not received an update and do not mind waiting but would appreciate being communicated with and not being blown off.

October 01 - A-Donis replied that he was sorry for not responding soon enough but after going through the orders he realized I was the only one that was not shipped. He said it would be shipped ASAP and would throw in some extras for the wait.

October 01 - I figured everyone makes mistakes so no big deal, and told him that was ok and I would let him know when they arrived and that there were no hard feelings.

October 09 - As of today, I still have not received the books or a tracking number. I feel that I have been patient enough, so I just wanted to let other board members know what happened.

I am requesting that A-Donis be placed on the probation list for failure to ship books that were paid for. I know that I must now send him a separate PM with a link to this page.

I don't think you have anything to fear due to using the "friends & family" payment, I don't understand why people who say they insist on good communication are such poor communicators.

On Oct 1st you wrote this:

- I told him that I still have not received an update and do not mind waiting but would appreciate being communicated with and not being blown off.

- I figured everyone makes mistakes so no big deal, and told him that was ok and I would let him know when they arrived and that there were no hard feelings.

Clearly you don't like to wait....but you are annoyed (still) by the delay and it is/was a big deal since a week later you are nominating him to the PL in 14 pt bold font. :ohnoez:

:baiting:

If you had been clearer when you had his attention on Oct 1st he might have got off his lazy butt and shipped your stuff - - based on what you are communicating to him, I would say you haven't been "patient enough" because you're sort of blindsiding him with this PL nomination.

2c

cxjjw.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

From what I see, the buyer handled the situation properly. I can't say the same for the seller.

I don't think the buyer is doing anything wrong other than maybe jumping the gun with this public nomination - if there is a party at fault it is the seller, no doubt about it.

My point is that if you're planning on nominating someone for the PL, don't tell the other guy "you don't mind waiting" if you do & don't say "it's no big deal" if you're going to nominate him if you don't get it in a week.

That's just my impression of what CAHookle posted & I know he's just being a nice guy but if you're going to sugarcoat the PM discussion - faking "nice" while being annoyed - putting the seller on blast privately before you nominate him here seems fair.

(shrug)

From what I see, the buyer handled the situation properly. I can't say the same for the seller.

I don't think the buyer is doing anything wrong other than maybe jumping the gun with this public nomination - if there is a party at fault it is the seller, no doubt about it.

My point is that if you're planning on nominating someone for the PL, don't tell the other guy "you don't mind waiting" if you do & don't say "it's no big deal" if you're going to nominate him if you don't get it in a week.

That's just my impression of what CAHookle posted & I know he's just being a nice guy but if you're going to sugarcoat the PM discussion - faking "nice" while being annoyed - putting the seller on blast privately before you nominate him here seems fair.

(shrug)

Well, after waiting patiently for a month, he sent this:

Not receiving the book 8 days later is a slap in the face. How many times does one have to beg to receive their book?

He screwed me around a while back with SS books. I let it go as it was dealt with internally. But hearing that he did it to someone else, I feel bad for not bringing it up.

Edited by AlexH