• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My last communication with Aaron was on 2/28/2014, 5 months ago. I sent him repeated pm's (unanswered) and asked questions in his op threads (ignored). Except for pimping his Con, I don't think he's posted much since then. It's fairly obvious he's outta here with op cash gone.....

Does he have any business contact info outside of the Boards?

If he does, I don't have it. Anybody?

My last communication with Aaron was on 2/28/2014, 5 months ago. I sent him repeated pm's (unanswered) and asked questions in his op threads (ignored). Except for pimping his Con, I don't think he's posted much since then. It's fairly obvious he's outta here with op cash gone.....

I asked because you mentioned he was "pimping his Con", was he a convention organizer, or just advertising his local Con?

Here's a link to his blog, that is in his profile.

http://ringoffireart.blogspot.com/

There's an e-mail address in the blog.

here's a link to the contact page on his capital city comic con website.

I think he is the owner/promoter. THere's also the email of someone who I assume is an employee/business partner. That person might also be a lead to getting in touch with the faciltator suspect.

http://capitolcitycomiccon.com/contact-us/

Edited by Revat

You might also look for contacts of other artists who the suspect has worked with, and tell them the situation, and ask for their help.

Wonder if all the facilitators could be "encouraged" to use an online escrow site to hold funds rather than have it all in the hands of the facilitators.

Seems like people are willing to send hundreds of bucks to someone who promises a sketch by an artist they are dying for... and they let their desires get in the way of their sense.

Wonder if all the facilitators could be "encouraged" to use an online escrow site to hold funds rather than have it all in the hands of the facilitators.

Seems like people are willing to send hundreds of bucks to someone who promises a sketch by an artist they are dying for... and they let their desires get in the way of their sense.

the 'problem' with that is that some artists want their money (or parts of it) up front too.

Just sent an email to all the addresses I could find for Aaron. The message was:

Aaron,

Wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for PL/HOS on the CGC boards due to your apparent abandonment of the Monares SS op you facilitated. I have tried time and again to get a response from you pertaining to the op but you have failed to acknowledge them. It now appears that Glynn Sr has the sketches but he has no information as to any of the participants payment history from you. He also does not have the grading and shipping fee cash to get the covers submitted to CGC. Therefore, we are left with the responsibility of proving payment and repaying all submission and shipping fees. This is unacceptable business practice on your part. Please let me know how you intend to correct this issue and allow Glynn to move forward with the information he needs. As an FYI, it is my understanding that the artist has not been paid for the op. While that situation does not affect me directly, it does place a nasty stain on the commission if that proves to be true, especially since you made a point to tell me how Jun had a stroke and each drawing is an intensive labor for him. I welcome any response to this situation.

Dave32563

Just sent an email to all the addresses I could find for Aaron. The message was:

Aaron,

Wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for PL/HOS on the CGC boards due to your apparent abandonment of the Monares SS op you facilitated. I have tried time and again to get a response from you pertaining to the op but you have failed to acknowledge them. It now appears that Glynn Sr has the sketches but he has no information as to any of the participants payment history from you. He also does not have the grading and shipping fee cash to get the covers submitted to CGC. Therefore, we are left with the responsibility of proving payment and repaying all submission and shipping fees. This is unacceptable business practice on your part. Please let me know how you intend to correct this issue and allow Glynn to move forward with the information he needs. As an FYI, it is my understanding that the artist has not been paid for the op. While that situation does not affect me directly, it does place a nasty stain on the commission if that proves to be true, especially since you made a point to tell me how Jun had a stroke and each drawing is an intensive labor for him. I welcome any response to this situation.

Dave32563

someone (not necessarily you, but maybe you) might want to point out that legal or law enforcement action might be a possibility in the near future as well.

Just got an email from Aaron:

On Jul 28, 2014, at 6:31 PM, mralue@gmail.com wrote:

I have not received an invoice from cgc, dan and jun's were shipped in one box, also I paid jun 400.00 way in advance before any of the sketches were done. As Glynn told dan I will not pay the rest until they are in cgc 's hands as we have both contacted them to ship.

Sent from my iPhone

My email response:

You need to respond in the PL / HOS thread on the boards. Glynn Sr has contacted the Monares op participants and told us that we need to provide proof we paid for the op and that we need to send him all new CGC sub fees and shipping fees to get them sent to CGC. You have the money for all those things. You have the payment history for all those things. You need to make this right Aaron. This has been a colossal screw up on your part. I don't care what your arrangements with Dan and Jun are, our dealings are with you. You took the money for the op.

Dave

Next email exchange:

On Jul 28, 2014, at 6:41 PM, mralue@gmail.com wrote:

Oh yes, sorry Glynn probably doesn't know all fees were paid, I am just awaiting invoice, sorry

Sent from my iPhone

My response:

Aaron,

I would suggest that you communicate that information to Glynn so he can move forward. Right now, that is not the way things are unfolding.

Dave

The name "Hot Sauce" is already taken. We can call Roy "Ketchup". Or "Mustard".

I propose:

The Human Lowlight Film

Skip to my Poo

The Big Tripper

The Question

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Is there a set of rules for facilitators?

Does this belong in the selling forum?

Sigs and sketches are not handled here, why would the PL/HOS be the place for this?

There are timelines here that just don't apply to sigs and sketches, seems no different than the junk donkey thread trying to place their problem children here. Maybe create a separate area for these problems, so the people that engage in these can establish a set of rules and timelines that apply?

Is there a set of rules for facilitators? No

Does this belong in the selling forum? Absolutely they are board members and most of the opps are done through the boards/pm/sig events section

Sigs and sketches are not handled here, why would the PL/HOS be the place for this? read above

There are timelines here that just don't apply to sigs and sketches, seems no different than the junk donkey thread trying to place their problem children here. Maybe create a separate area for these problems, so the people that engage in these can establish a set of rules and timelines that apply? see above

Answers above

Is there a set of rules for facilitators?

Does this belong in the selling forum?

Sigs and sketches are not handled here, why would the PL/HOS be the place for this?

There are timelines here that just don't apply to sigs and sketches, seems no different than the junk donkey thread trying to place their problem children here. Maybe create a separate area for these problems, so the people that engage in these can establish a set of rules and timelines that apply?

My understanding is that these transactions were handled, in part, here on the Boards. Nevertheless, the PL and HoS have jurisdiction also in off site cases if both parties were Boardies at the time of the transaction.

Menace got a pass for this same stuff on the Angel Medina opp.

Good Luck. I am still waiting on Medina stuff.

Fill out the survey that CGC provides for the facilitators.

They do have rules they must follow.

I am in the raymund Bermudez opp that has been goin on for almost a year and a half now. I have repeatedly attempted to contact the facilitator with no luck. At this point I think he should be put on the hos list.

I am in the raymund Bermudez opp that has been goin on for almost a year and a half now. I have repeatedly attempted to contact the facilitator with no luck. At this point I think he should be put on the hos list.

Try emailing Aaron at this address: mralue@gmail.com

I emailed him at several addresses I found and he responded from this one within minutes from his iPhone.

I have not seen resolution yet, but he did respond.

Try emailing Aaron at this address: mralue@gmail.com

I emailed him at several addresses I found and he responded from this one within minutes from his iPhone.

I have not seen resolution yet, but he did respond.

This is progress. Did his response suggest that he will act on these complaints quickly?