• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

mrmaha (added 4/7/13) - 108 posts

jaspersk (added 4/7/13) - 5 posts

Soup1998 (added 1/4/13) - 528 posts

Babygorilla (added 2/2/13) - 74

In the first 5 months of 2013, 75% of Probie listers are new members, not counting the two situations pending right now in the discussion area - both of which involve new Boardie sellers. Granted, it's only 5 months in - but it's a continuation of my previous post showing 56% of 2012's Probation Listers had less than 200 posts, and that the time may be right to do something different with this rating system we are talking about.

By no means am I insinuating or assuming that Board transactions will be without issues - but I do think that combining positive and negative "feedback" into a non-commentable star rating system will give buyers and sellers a way to feel more confident about their transactions.

I really like buying and selling here - and so do a lot of other people. Lots and lots of transactions go through without a hitch, and that is probably due to the fact we have a great community of people who truly love the hobby and are looking for a better type of buyer and seller.

I am floating the rating system conversation in CG here in a few minutes - so if you can chime in early, that'd probably help move the discussion along!

+1

Hi All,

What is the procedure for removing someone from PL?

I posted this a few weeks ago and not sure if I need to do anything else.

At the beginning of April (or there about) I had asked that member jaspersk be placed on the PL. My original post is here (near bottom of page) My Original Post

He was added to the list on April 7. I hadn't heard a thing from jaspersk and then on April 27th I got an email from Pay Pal saying that he had paid me for the book. At that point the book was donated to the charity thread for Fazybones. So, I immediately refunded the money and sent him a PM explaining again the actions that I took and that the book was gone and money refunded. He responded apologizing for the mix up and that he had simply forgotten about the sale.

My thoughts are to ask that he be removed from the PL. I have to assume that he made an honest mistake and give him the benefit of the doubt. All of this could have been avoided had he responded to any of my PMs.

Thoughts?

Hi All,

What is the procedure for removing someone from PL?

I posted this a few weeks ago and not sure if I need to do anything else.

At the beginning of April (or there about) I had asked that member jaspersk be placed on the PL. My original post is here (near bottom of page) My Original Post

He was added to the list on April 7. I hadn't heard a thing from jaspersk and then on April 27th I got an email from Pay Pal saying that he had paid me for the book. At that point the book was donated to the charity thread for Fazybones. So, I immediately refunded the money and sent him a PM explaining again the actions that I took and that the book was gone and money refunded. He responded apologizing for the mix up and that he had simply forgotten about the sale.

My thoughts are to ask that he be removed from the PL. I have to assume that he made an honest mistake and give him the benefit of the doubt. All of this could have been avoided had he responded to any of my PMs.

Thoughts?

This would qualify as a red check...

pizapcom104369012531824411368706280399_zpsf9fb441b.jpg

The mods don't maintain the PL list, we do. If you take him off, add a note about it, and be sure to turn off your sig line. For the note, you can model it after previous posts. Or if you don't want to do it yourself, someone here will probably volunteer to help you out.

I have not seen one yet, but I'm sure it's wonderful

Fringe is quite possibly the greatest TV show ever made.

blech I watched the first few episodes and thought the characters were really annoying. I've heard it gets better in the second season though, is that the case?

I LOVED Fringe until the last two seasons. It went from sci-fi centric to Peter/Olivia centric. It was like watching a soap opera - I was bummed about the direction it went, but I maintain the first 3 seasons are patently awesome.

I want to officially put mikey1215 on the list. Pm'd him a couple days ago and nothing.

Here's Bryan's original post...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6690604#Post6690604

Also to summarize a couple others -

jaspersk's removal has been requested by pwog

wushugushu was nominated by ilikepie & a couple others

There's some others also since the last update:

zombizzy (this was Columbia Comics) - ARomeo & others had issues with him earlier

JohnnyG nomination by topofthetotem still floating out there also.

So it looks like delete jaspersk; add Mikey1215, wushugushu, zombizzy & JohnnyG - anyone disagree with any of those??? Or did I miss any??