• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Found it in a 7/6 A. Romeo post:

(excerpted from a more comprehensive timeline)

Zombizzy/A.romeo Timeline

6/26 - Zombizzy - i just came up with a little money from an ebay sale and since it was a bit of a rough one, i now see this is the best place to move my books. even though i really think you insulted me, calling me a scammer of sorts, i am ready to give you that refund you asked for on account that i would like to be removed from the probation list.

So, looks like the refund offer was made on 6/26, thus starting the 30-day clock; so, nomination can commence on 7/26....hey, that's tomorrow! :banana:

Sound right?

Now, having stated the technical case in my post just above, it is true that we would all be better off if zombizzy was immediately placed on the PL...so, someone try to find a loophole in my logic...

I will take a friendly attempt to circumvent your logic. :foryou:

Perhaps we can fore go yet another debate about whether this Zombizzy character should go on the PL and consider moving to a vote to decide if he belongs in the House of Shame?

I know, the HOS is for egregious offenses, but Zombizzy does appear to be repeat offender. And his word does not appear to carry much weight.

Some may disagree, that's fine (I get nervous when everyone starts agreeing with me) but I tend to agree with Jimmy Linguniii (even though the thought makes me feel like I need a bath, I'm joking, please don't take offense).

At what point do we want to rid ourselves of characters like Zombizzy?

Edited by DWL

Please add: CarlWeathers75 to the probation list.

Sale was 6-7-2013 and was more than supposed to have been completed by today's date.

Brent(CarlWeathers75) bought an Ultimate Spider-man #1 White variant cover CGC 9.8 off of me.

Two Time Payments were supposed to be made in June and July.

Never made any payment.

Said numerous times the check is either in the mail or he would send out the check(s) later in that week and send me a PM once he did that. He never followed up with me what so ever.

Has not PMed me back in now well over week when I informed him he would have to make the full payment or I would add him to this probation list.

I am going to sell the book to someone else.

Total bum and a liar.

John (SOT)

:bump:

Here's another one to add when zombizzy goes back up...it was a "few" pages back doh!

IMHO - any grace periods etc...afforded by the PL rules are irrelevant, it is clear that zombizzy is aware of the situation.

lol

For those playing from home, here's what the ASM 1 sales thread looked like originally. (thumbs u

139668.jpg.79ade7b6d0eddfffba19a34c639fe6c6.jpg

All of that to me sounds like he needs to go on the HOS. New name, old name, all of the above.

Actions look shadier, and shadier...

It is feeling that way. Trying to reset things with a name change comes across swarmy.

soooo been 3 days and still nothing.. big surprise.. now can i go forward finally?

That's the OKC buy from Tibex - I saw posts in response to you - didn't really know where are you with it.

I'd suggest a recap of the situation with dates/contact & tracking number if the seller says it's being held up by customs...I can look into it & see if it's a BS story in a day or so. It's UK to US right?

edit - Also @jaybuck, no, not a shill just a name change but definitely questionable behaviour on the part of the ASM 1 buyer/seller/buyer guy. Some people are just scammers but we also get some people who react oddly, badly or overreact angrily and make things worse for themselves quickly.

Edited by bababooey

:facepalm: I wish you were joking. I would say normal rules apply, PM him that you are nominating him to PL and he has 72 hours to respond here in his defense.

I cannot remember clearly, but was he not on the PL and only taken off on the assumption that he was going to pay the refund immediately? If that is the case he can be put back on anytime, I think we have shot past the rules of the first instance, no? (shrug)

Ah, just put him back on now! :sumo:

:facepalm: I wish you were joking. I would say normal rules apply, PM him that you are nominating him to PL and he has 72 hours to respond here in his defense.

I cannot remember clearly, but was he not on the PL and only taken off on the assumption that he was going to pay the refund immediately? If that is the case he can be put back on anytime, I think we have shot past the rules of the first instance, no? (shrug)

Ah, just put him back on now! :sumo:

You tried.

:foryou:

Please add: CarlWeathers75 to the probation list.

Sale was 6-7-2013 and was more than supposed to have been completed by today's date.

Brent(CarlWeathers75) bought an Ultimate Spider-man #1 White variant cover CGC 9.8 off of me.

Two Time Payments were supposed to be made in June and July.

Never made any payment.

Said numerous times the check is either in the mail or he would send out the check(s) later in that week and send me a PM once he did that. He never followed up with me what so ever.

Has not PMed me back in now well over week when I informed him he would have to make the full payment or I would add him to this probation list.

I am going to sell the book to someone else.

Total bum and a liar.

John (SOT)

:bump:

Here's another one to add when zombizzy goes back up...it was a "few" pages back doh!

:ohnoez:

So is Kitsune going on the PL or not? I lost track somewhere in the last 15 pages of one of the more boring slapfights I've seen on these boards.

no

Only because of a technicality.

In spirit he sounds like the type of clown that belongs there.

I was getting CAP freak vibs...

So is Kitsune going on the PL or not? I lost track somewhere in the last 15 pages of one of the more boring slapfights I've seen on these boards.

no

Only because of a technicality.

In spirit he sounds like the type of clown that belongs there.

I was getting CAP freak vibs...

Make him stop posting.

He dares you.

:D

That's not the way I remember it...there were no conditions/assumptions attached to A. Romeo's removal of zombizzy, much to many of our chagrin; A.Romeo started getting frustrated with the whole scenario and the advice he was receiving from the thread and basically said " :censored: it, take him off " (with an implicit " :censored: you" to many of the boardies who were commenting on the situation) :

4th time I'll say this, Take Zombizzy off the PL, he is a standup guy and offered a $20 refund on a $95 purchase on books that were not as advertised. As a buyer, you are all right, I should eat the loss of $75 for books I never would have purchased in the first place.

5th Time Take Zombizzy off the PL

6th Time Take zombizzy off the PL.

My posts may seem heated because I am now starting to question some other board members integrity on here now.

Then, based on discussion of the fact that the OP's request to remove was enough per the rules, Speedy-D removed zombizzy (correctly, based on the rules, IMHO):

Okay ... I really thought you should have waited until you got your refund, but asking six times seems like enough to me, so I just removed zombizzy from the Probation List. If I were you, I'd still get the refund, and let us all know if/when it arrives.

At that moment, zombizzy was off the PL, contingency free, I believe. I agree with Speedy-D (and others) that A.Romeo should have waited until he actually received his refund before removal, but he didn't. Now, zombizzy has reneged on another transaction, i.e., the offer to send a PayPal payment on 7/23. So, I think the 30 day clock starts over for that transaction...so, A. Romeo can nominate zombizzy to the PL on August 23rd. That extra waiting time is A. Romeo's cost for premature PL removal...we tried to warn him.

My 2c

I wanted to keep Zombizzy on the PL but the backlash of the community made it seem almost as if I was in the wrong for wanting to keep him there. Yes I got extremely frustrated with the situation and jumped the gun on saying to take him off the PL, I did it more out of spite.

I said it from the start, I can see that this is someone who should not be allowed to sell on the boards, the signs were all there in our transaction to know that it would/will happen again to others, and there were other complaints against him at the time, not just from me. Ive calmed down and been patient, Id personally like to see him in the HOS but it doesn't seem like its at that point yet.

Question: Whats to prevent zombizzy from making another account for the boards? Is there really anyway to tell if someone does that?

Edited by A.Romeo

Question: Whats to prevent zombizzy from making another account for the boards? Is there really anyway to tell if someone does that?

Not much but there are some darn good detectives in here and I don't mean the comic books. However that said if found he could potentially be perma banned for making shills.