• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Nothing there to take back mate - I said you are an OK guy. :foryou:

I stand by that.

However - you are by far the biggest up-front manipulator going dude!

You diss some books , and praise some.

People really do follow what you say - as you jolly well know. :preach:

You have a rep for being "ahead of the game" - and you thrive on it.

How many emails did you get today about Saga?

You are an honest,decent and fair seller - but if you have 50 copies of the hottest book in town - the news always seems to leak out...... lol

As for being sad about people sucking up for money?

Name me any profession that is immune from this? (shrug)

In business, it's 10 times worse - you would know much better than I.

It is what it is Jeff - People want it,you have it.

If it's any consolation about the realities of the Human condition, look at your beautiful keeper comics and carry on.

As an aside - I consider you a much better human being than the other two.

Just so you know. (thumbs u

:hi:

Nothing there to take back mate - I said you are an OK guy. :foryou:

I stand by that.

However - you are by far the biggest up-front manipulator going dude!

You diss some books , and praise some.

People really do follow what you say - as you jolly well know. :preach:

You have a rep for being "ahead of the game" - and you thrive on it.

How many emails did you get today about Saga?

You are an honest,decent and fair seller - but if you have 50 copies of the hottest book in town - the news always seems to leak out...... lol

As for being sad about people sucking up for money?

Name me any profession that is immune from this? (shrug)

In business, it's 10 times worse - you would know much better than I.

It is what it is Jeff - People want it,you have it.

If it's any consolation about the realities of the Human condition, look at your beautiful keeper comics and carry on.

As an aside - I consider you a much better human being than the other two.

Just so you know. (thumbs u

:hi:

I keep going over this and can't seem to find an easy way to respond.

1). I fail to see how dissing some books and praising others is being an upfront manipulator. I think you're implying that I praise only the books I have in inventory and diss books that I do not. In part that is true (until this year) because I only buy what I like and I only sell what I buy. You've confused the cause and effect of my actions implying that I like what I am selling and dislike what I'm not because of the possible monetary gain. There are now titles that I sell and do not like and conversely titles that I like and do not sell.

2). "Sucking up for money" I suppose this is the mildest case of what I was referring to. The scenarios that went through my mind didn't include your example when I wrote my earlier comments. I guess this was in reference to someone pretending to be friends in order to use them.

Scenario

Seller lists a book on eBay, has a friend shill the book or shills it themselves. Then sells the same book (not another issue of the same comic but the actual book) here on the boards quoting the newly updated GPA and offering 10% off. There are a few comments in the thread by friends saying how great a price it is. Book is sold. Buyer realizes he was manipulated and tries to back out of the deal. Guess who receives a PM threatening a Probation list nomination?

As far as how many PM's I received about Saga? I will receive more PM's about the scenario I just mentioned from Boardies asking if I was talking about them than I did about selling any Saga. I received the most PM/Emails I have in awhile thanking me or encouraging me to continue to talk about some of the manipulation I mentioned previously.

Just for he record on my Saga pic

I received one offer to buy what I had left and declined

I sold one raw for $40 to a boardie that purchased in my travel thread (can we agree they got a deal.)

I sold a 9.8 for essentially $65 in a trade. What's GPA? $230?

Over half of the copies in my pic were sold before I even posted the pic. I laugh and call them my big pics. I have similar pics for everything I collect.

This is just completely over my head. It's late and I'm tired. I just don't get your point. "If it's any consolation about the realities of the Human condition, look at your beautiful keeper comics and carry on"

If people follow what I say I'm not sure what I can do about that. If I'm happy when I sell he right title I would think anyone would be. Is there corruption in every profession? I don't see why that should condone it here or why it shouldn't be corrected.

I think you are digging too deeply to find a hidden meaning.

There isn't one.

I will keep it simple.

Comic 'A' is $40

Comic 'B' is $40

Branget says 'B' is a better bet.

What copies do you:

a) Have the most of

B) Sell the most of after that post.

I'll guess 'B'

Thats it.

Nothing deeper. No shilling, no 'phantom bids' - nothing.

Take a deep breath, relax, and carry on.

You are OK in my book. Nothing sinister here - no intimation you are part of a comic extortion ring.

Jeff, you need to drop the 'smart-arse' persona.

Its not you deep down.

Cheers (thumbs u

Ummm. Whoever you paid for the item is whom you should have the problem with. Good luck with everything!

If Rawisoky agreed to the arrangement and four times promised the book was going out, with nothing forthcoming, he is most definitely a part of the problem.

Send Rawisoky a NEW PM telling him about his nomination to the PL list. Wait three days. Then report back the result. If nothing if forthcoming he should go on the list.

I will send him a PM today. Thanks everyone for the advice and support. :ohnoez:

So I received a response to my PM that he wouldn't get paid until Friday and he would get it shipped out then. Still nothing.

Really? No sir, idealist is the correct word.

That is a pleasantly philosophical kind of statement but it doesn't actually say anything. It does put the "passive" in "passive aggressive".

Just call me Ghandi then. lol

I like that term. It is a completely overused and inaccurate term but to each their own.

You are an idealist if you believe this does not occur with consistent regularity. Manipulating people, prices and to some extent the markets.

Quite a few probation worthy activities never make this discussion thread because the offended are "discouraged" from coming here or "encouraged" to go elsewhere. There have been a multitude of comments claiming a boys club. All too often they are simply dismissed. There are a few boys clubs, for lack of a better term, and in all honesty it makes the probation list a joke.

Then instead of getting on my case (not just you but all the eye rollers) for not visiting the Modern Sales thread (why would I?) why not DO something about it? It would make an ideal topic for the General Discussions thread inside Forum Only Selling.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976814#Post1976814

Because he's one of the Mafia Pov!

Jeff wtf are you on about? You are one of the main protaganists.

Larry - meh

You ALWAYS 'accidently' disclose how many 9.8's you have of a certain comic.

People are nicely polite to you because you are Canadian??

No, you have stock that people want.

Your popularity is in your inventory.

No stock - no love.

Quite a few people don't like you - it's a shame because deep down I think you are an OK guy.

Sorry dude, but thats how it is.

Playing the "psst - hey mods,wanna tell you a story", come on fella - geez.

Beachbum just sells his stuff - no issues, fair and an open seller.

You,Jenious and Larry would sell your mothers ovaries for a 9.8 WD #1.

Sad but true.

1. Who are you of any standing to call someone out as being a shyster?

2. Your 6 months on the boards affords you the ability to speak for everyone's feelings about Jeff?

3. You are not the Fonzie of the boards yourself my friend.

4. Jeff has been hoarding WD for years and years, his bragging about his 9.8 hoard is not only done in jest, but has been encouraged since before I joined the boards.

5. If you had any experience being a part of this community, other than trolling the free stuff thread, you might learn a thing or two about the way it functions.

6. Jeff was named forum tool long before you decided to be a meanie.

7. Playing nice with others makes your own experience more enjoyable.

Just have a quick question on sales:

How long do I have to wait after an invoice is sent with no money sent before moving on to other venues? It's not a big transaction, and I really would only suggest the boardie for the probie list in order to warn other sellers. He could have funds or other issues-I don't know. Just haven't heard from him since invoice.

The comics are not that valuable, but I'm sure someone would pay something for them on ebay. So how long do I have to hold them?

Thanks,

Buddy

How long do I have to wait after an invoice is sent with no money sent before moving on to other venues? It's not a big transaction, and I really would only suggest the boardie for the probie list in order to warn other sellers. He could have funds or other issues-I don't know. Just haven't heard from him since invoice.

The comics are not that valuable, but I'm sure someone would pay something for them on ebay. So how long do I have to hold them?

Thanks,

Buddy

Wouldn't happen to be babygorilla would it? hm

Thanks,

Buddy

Indeed it would sir!

You are an honest,decent and fair seller -

He's also conscientious, and professional. He makes sure to take care of things the right way. He doesn't talk about things without putting his money where his mouth is, and would never, for example, send a book with just a backing board to protect it inside a lightly padded envelope as it traveled to it's destination virtually guaranteeing it wouldn't be in as nice of condition as before it was shipped. (thumbs u

Thanks,

Buddy

Indeed it would sir!

I too am waiting for payment for some sales to him from about three weeks ago. We have to give them 30 days, then a seperate PM, then wait a couple days for them to respond, then we can pursue PL proceedings.

With any luck, hes just been off the boards and got busy and will come back and pay us both :)

He's also conscientious, and professional. He makes sure to take care of things the right way. He doesn't talk about things without putting his money where his mouth is, and would never, for example, send a book with just a backing board to protect it inside a lightly padded envelope as it traveled to it's destination virtually guaranteeing it wouldn't be in as nice of condition as before it was shipped. (thumbs u

That's twice now you've mentioned this. Spill it.

:popcorn:

That's twice now you've mentioned this. Spill it.

:popcorn:

I thought I just did. lol

Thanks,

Buddy

Indeed it would sir!

I too am waiting for payment for some sales to him from about three weeks ago. We have to give them 30 days, then a seperate PM, then wait a couple days for them to respond, then we can pursue PL proceedings.

With any luck, hes just been off the boards and got busy and will come back and pay us both :)

He bought from me in December and paid in about a week. So he wa paying for books leading up to Xmas.