• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hey all! If I have purchased something/paid you through paypal during August - please check your paypal. Something has come up that is causing chargebacks. I just learned that the cause of this does not know how far back this problem will penatrate. I apologize in advance.

Any interest in a near complete Madman Mike Allred collection? Creatures of the Id to almost current. Will only sell as a group. I'll list them if there is any interest.

Edited by Boboset

Irksome = working out a payment schedule with a buyer and then having them not follow it; nudging them every few days for payment, and being told it'll be coming that night; then waiting another few days, 'till you repeat the nudging and the non-payment.

Folks, if you can't pay, for whatever reason, just be up front about it. If you need another week or another month, say so. Who does it help to say you'll get it out tonight if you can't do it? It's really hard to make plans if you're constantly being told you'll have a certain amount of money, and it never comes.

When making an offer via PM, in addition to my offer, I like to make mention that my offer is good til or expires at such and such a time. I dont want to make any offer and days elapse and without warning a seller may say okay its a deal/ pay me (stops me from buying something else). I think its wise to add a time to your offer, not to pressure a seller, but to move things along and make clear that offer is not binding if a seller doesnt respond or even check messeges for that matter after a noted time. Comments?

When making an offer via PM, in addition to my offer, I like to make mention that my offer is good til or expires at such and such a time. I dont want to make any offer and days elapse and without warning a seller may say okay its a deal/ pay me (stops me from buying something else). I think its wise to add a time to your offer, not to pressure a seller, but to move things along and make clear that offer is not binding if a seller doesnt respond or even check messeges for that matter after a noted time. Comments?

That seems like a perfectly acceptable practice.

That is smart, I like it.

I think it is a good idea as well, but I can see someone treating it as a coercion technique (getting upset when they see the "you have 48 hours to decide or my offer is null and void"). Is there a general rule for how long a PM offer is valid?

Dan

I think it is a good idea as well, but I can see someone treating it as a coercion technique (getting upset when they see the "you have 48 hours to decide or my offer is null and void"). Is there a general rule for how long a PM offer is valid?

Dan

I would say 24 hours from the time stamp.

If the seller hasn't replied with:

Yes.

No.

Counter Offer $XYZ

Then I believe the buyer shouldn't be held to the offer.

However...

If a seller is getting a lot of "offers" from a buyer who is then backing down and making all kinds of excuses they still have the right to report them in the threads without being considered a jerk, even though they might not qualify officially for the probation list.

Dan

It's not really coercive. It's just good business. If you only have a finite amount of comic money, you only have to keep it (potentially) tied up for a finite amount of time. You also don't have to worry about someone "accepting" your offer a week after you made it (and the market has changed) and then being pilloried in the Probation thread if you try to "back out."

A couple of years ago, I would have been much more mellow, but we now have a much more aggressive marketplace.

Dan

It's not really coercive. It's just good business. If you only have a finite amount of comic money, you only have to keep it (potentially) tied up for a finite amount of time. You also don't have to worry about someone "accepting" your offer a week after you made it (and the market has changed) and then being pilloried in the Probation thread if you try to "back out."

A couple of years ago, I would have been much more mellow, but we now have a much more aggressive marketplace.

I see this a lot in OA collecting. As a buyer, if you are in a "best offer" situation the last thing you want is your offer being shopped around to death while you are used as leverage. So you see this a ton. This is my offer, it's good for 24 hours (or whatever limited time), just give me a yes or no.

I see this a lot in OA collecting. As a buyer, if you are in a "best offer" situation the last thing you want is your offer being shopped around to death while you are used as leverage. So you see this a ton. This is my offer, it's good for 24 hours (or whatever limited time), just give me a yes or no.

I wouldn't be offended by a window. Opportunity knocks.

Oh I dont know... I guess it depends on how the "window" is worded that would make it offensive or not.

I've had a boardie low ball on some merch and in the same sentence give me till like 10pm to decide (which was about two hours).

I of course said no... mainly because I felt his rush to make me decide to accept his offer made me feel like he thought I was poor or hungry and should realize what a great offer it was.

Or I'm reading to much into it. :) Or he was just an azzhole. Or maybe I was the azzhole. Of course, the boards are 99% azzholes and 1% knobblowers... so its really not a stretch either way. :)

Oh I dont know... I guess it depends on how the "window" is worded that would make it offensive or not.

I've had a boardie low ball on some merch and in the same sentence give me till like 10pm to decide (which was about two hours).

I of course said no... mainly because I felt his rush to make me decide to accept his offer made me feel like he thought I was poor or hungry and should realize what a great offer it was.

Or I'm reading to much into it. :) Or he was just an azzhole. Or maybe I was the azzhole. Of course, the boards are 99% azzholes and 1% knobblowers... so its really not a stretch either way. :)

Rupp wisdom. :cloud9:

I'll extend the offer until 10:16 PM EST and then you can go hungry, you filthy book owner, you.

:sumo:

Rupp wisdom. :cloud9:

I'll extend the offer until 10:16 PM EST and then you can go hungry, you filthy book owner, you.

:sumo:

New catagory made for Boscoe ... azzknobholer :grin: