• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Just asking but is probation list only for Board public transactions or also includes transactions made through PM in the Forum ?

My understanding is that it includes PM transactions. Further, I think any transaction with a basis here is eligible (the genesis for a number of complaints against Russ/Comic Supply...you advertise here, drive people to your site then rip them off).

Correct on all counts!

Just asking but is probation list only for Board public transactions or also includes transactions made through PM in the Forum ?

My understanding is that it includes PM transactions. Further, I think any transaction with a basis here is eligible (the genesis for a number of complaints against Russ/Comic Supply...you advertise here, drive people to your site then rip them off).

Correct on all counts!

It covers transactions off the boards too (i.e. ebay), as long as both parties are boardies, right?

Correct on all counts!

It covers transactions off the boards too (i.e. ebay), as long as both parties are boardies, right?

That's the way I understood it to be.

Correct on all counts!

+1

Correct on all counts!

+1

I think it would cover eBay since we all have links to our eBay auctions here and even a eBay forum. But perhaps not a purely private transaction like when buying a book in person at a con?

If there is no internet track record of a purchase or potential purchase then how can we tell if someone is lying. Anyone could claim so-and-so offered to sell me a book then he backed out.

Correct on all counts!

+1

I think it would cover eBay since we all have links to our eBay auctions here and even a eBay forum. But perhaps not a purely private transaction like when buying a book in person at a con?

If there is no internet track record of a purchase or potential purchase then how can we tell if someone is lying. Anyone could claim so-and-so offered to sell me a book then he backed out.

That's what this thread is for, and why we have a time period for the accused to respond. As far as I can remember, this has never happened...

Correct on all counts!

+1

That's what this thread is for, and why we have a time period for the accused to respond. As far as I can remember, this has never happened...

:preach:

Correct on all counts!

+1

:preach:

I got a Hulk 4 for Christmas!! :banana:

I think its safe to add BlahBlahBlah2007 to the probation list. 3 months and nothing. Stole $173 from me. Stopped communicating with me about a month ago. Never gave me a tracking number or anything.

I asked and the other person who bought something from the sale thread and they said they received their item, but got their item was in lower grade than described.

After looking for a different issue I stumbled on an invoice from this seller. I purchased a Chew 1 from him, he is based in the UK. I got my book in a timely manner and was graded as presented.

I think there were three buyers in that thread. Did he initially tell you why you didn't receive the book? Did you use PayPal?

I used Paypal. I repeatedly asked him for a tracking number or any proof that he shipped it, and he kept putting it off. He didn't give me any reason why it didn't arrive. He also made no attempt to work with me in any way. He basically took the money and ran.

The other person who bought the Chew 1, told me that his book arrived in lower grade than described.

Edited by lemonman5

I agreed to accept a money order from GoodAsh for a comic on 11/25/11. After giving him several chances to mail the money order I still have not received it after being told several times that it was on it's way.

I am considering his part of the transaction as unfulfilled and will try and resell the comic.

• Administrator
Due to the repeat offenders from the list that keep creating shill accounts, I propose that once someone is outed as doing this that their REAL NAME and ADDRESS is put on the probation list.

This will help us stop selling to these same assclowns that are lather/rinse/repeating us at their own free will.

I've brought it up before but it's never taken root. We don't have to do it for the entire list. Just the ones that shill us and take us for fools.

Debate this for a bit and put up a poll. I'm sure logic will prevail and we can take measures to keep the same few from doing it time after time.

Publicly posting people's personal information without their consent will not be allowed. It never has been. The only exception are public entities, for example, businesses and only information not associated with people's homes because this is information that has been put out in the public by them anyway.

Due to the repeat offenders from the list that keep creating shill accounts, I propose that once someone is outed as doing this that their REAL NAME and ADDRESS is put on the probation list.

This will help us stop selling to these same assclowns that are lather/rinse/repeating us at their own free will.

I've brought it up before but it's never taken root. We don't have to do it for the entire list. Just the ones that shill us and take us for fools.

Debate this for a bit and put up a poll. I'm sure logic will prevail and we can take measures to keep the same few from doing it time after time.

Publicly posting people's personal information without their consent will not be allowed. It never has been. The only exception are public entities, for example, businesses and only information not associated with people's homes because this is information that has been put out in the public by them anyway.

You could require consent to disclosure up front as a requirement to use the buy and sell forum.

K ... What a bummer to have to start out a nice Friday Weekend this way but I guess I'm going to have to bring GoodAsh to the attention of the community.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=241693&Number=5269212#Post5269212

As you can see I was his only buyer and I paid with Paypal on the same day (12/1).

I waited for about two weeks then PMed on the 16th and he replied his grandma had just passed away and was dealing with family matters. I waited until after the Holidays and PMed again on 1/4 - no reply yet. He hasn't posted since 1-1.

I just thought I'd put this out there just in case he started another sales thread or something. I'm not one that polices the marketplace and didn't want someone else to get nailed. I'm hoping someone here actually knows him and can nudge him.

Maybe he just forgot me. :ohnoez:

This is my last post ever here. Aces your book is finally in the mail. Goodash/ Steve has no relation to me. If possible, I would like for the mods to close my account.

Date stamp of post: 01/09/12 02:27 PM

Been 9 days with no Holiday and no book. Maybe he sent it Media mail?

:taptaptap:

Just keeping folks informed. I'm not dying over $20 book although it would be my 1st ASM 55 ever and one of the few SA holes left and would like to read the story... :frustrated:

K ... What a bummer to have to start out a nice Friday Weekend this way but I guess I'm going to have to bring GoodAsh to the attention of the community.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=241693&Number=5269212#Post5269212

As you can see I was his only buyer and I paid with Paypal on the same day (12/1).

I waited for about two weeks then PMed on the 16th and he replied his grandma had just passed away and was dealing with family matters. I waited until after the Holidays and PMed again on 1/4 - no reply yet. He hasn't posted since 1-1.

I just thought I'd put this out there just in case he started another sales thread or something. I'm not one that polices the marketplace and didn't want someone else to get nailed. I'm hoping someone here actually knows him and can nudge him.

Maybe he just forgot me. :ohnoez:

This is my last post ever here. Aces your book is finally in the mail. Goodash/ Steve has no relation to me. If possible, I would like for the mods to close my account.

Date stamp of post: 01/09/12 02:27 PM

Been 9 days with no Holiday and no book. Maybe he sent it Media mail?

Just keeping folks informed. I'm not dying over $20 book although it would be my 1st ASM 55 ever and one of the few SA holes left and would like to read the story... :frustrated:

All I could do was ask Steve/EvilAsh to encourage him to get back on here to address the issue. If he isn't following through, then he has made his own bed.