• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD - post pre-sale announcements
35 35

5,922 posts in this topic

I have these high grade Supergirl up for sale now. 18 Total comics from #0 thru #10 with Variants and CGC copies. Of the 16 raw comics, at least 2/3 are easy 9.8 and the others 9.6's

If anyone is interested, I can make similar lots with these Titles:

Superman\Batman 2003

Flash 1987

JLA 1997

JSA 1999

JSA Classifies 2005

Power Girl 2009

Zatanna 2010

All Star Batman & Robin 2005

Justice League of America 2006

Justice Society of America 2007

X-Force 1991

Hope to start tonight:

Next Selling Thread!

Bronze Age DC .... stuff, will be priced to sell!

Prez 1: F-

Prez 2: VF+

Mister Miracle: 8 VG, chewing on corner, upper rear of book

Mister Miracle 9: VG/F stain on back

Mister Miracle 11: VF, shadow, tiny tear right side

Mister Miracle 12: VF, shadow, very nice

Mister Miracle 13 VG tear along spine

Mister Miracle 18 F+ and 18 F+

Mister Miracle 19 F+

Mister Miracle 22 F

Adventure Comics: 428 VF, origin

Adventure Comics: 429 VF

Adventure Comics: 430 F

Adventure Comics: 431 VF

Adventure Comics: 434 F+, edge tear and some wear

Adventure Comics: 435 F

Adventure Comics: 432 VF+ and 432 VF

Adventure Comics:417 F (VF+ looks front, rusty lower staple, light stains on back)

Adventure Comics:419 VF tear at upper staple

Lois Lane: 120 F+ Classic bondage

Lois Lane: 122 VF

Flash 216: VF- , both staples oxidizing

Secret Origins: 2 VF++ (w/ oxidizing staples)

Secret Origins: 4 VF-

Wanted: 1 F+

Wanted: 2 VF

Wanted: 7 F

1st Issue Special: 1 VF/NM

1st Issue Special: 5 VF

1st Issue Special: 6 F+

Shazam: 2 VF-

Shazam: 6 VF+

Batman Family: 1 F+

Batman Family: 6 VF

Batman Family: 19 VF Dollar Giant

Supergirl: 2 F

Jimmy Olsen: 145 VF+ (oxidizing beginning) Kirby 52 pg giant

Jimmy Olsen: 151 VF/NM

DC Super Stars: 10 VG/F

DC Super Stars: 8 F+

DC Super Starts: 2 VF

DC Special: 5 F-

DC Special: 10 VG/F Rust

Strange Sport Stories: 6 F+

All Star Comics: 58 VF

Swing with Scooter 11 F

and also lots of the Shadow and Sword and Sorcery

Hey guys, in addition to the Golden Age DC thread, I am going to start a Silver Bronze thread tonight, which could run for a while.

Going to be my version of a Foolkiller thread. Should be some great deals and opportunities to buy raw books that would slab nicely.

Lots of very high grade bronze which will be discounted. Lots of nice Silver Age that will be priced conservatively (read cheap). There will be some keys, including a GL #76 and lots of good stuff like Spidey, Avengers, and just about everything else you would like, including some Neal Adams books.

Hey guys, in addition to the Golden Age DC thread, I am going to start a Silver Bronze thread tonight, which could run for a while.

Going to be my version of a Foolkiller thread. Should be some great deals and opportunities to buy raw books that would slab nicely.

Lots of very high grade bronze which will be discounted. Lots of nice Silver Age that will be priced conservatively (read cheap). There will be some keys, including a GL #76 and lots of good stuff like Spidey, Avengers, and just about everything else you would like, including some Neal Adams books.

:popcorn:

Woot :applause:

Gang, I'm going to scan and list a bunch of new Silver and Bronze stuff. It's all going to raw. Marvel and DC including a couple of big key books in "affordable" grades.

Hope to start listing either tonight or early tomorrow.

:wishluck:

Listing 2 Timelys in the GA/SA/BA FS section today.

Captain America Comics # 74 CGC 6.0 Universal Off-white pages

Sub-mariner Comics # 32 5.0 Raw Unrestored Off-white pages

Would consider trades from my Want list below

UNRESTORED

Captain America Comics # 34 7.0 or higher grade

Captain America Comics # 3 5.0 or higher grade

Captain America Comics # 36 6.0 or higer grade

Mytic Comics # 10 6.0 or higer gradeHere is the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=4654879&Searchpage=1&Main=217358&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post4654879

Edited by mstrange

Hey Guys - it's been a while (about a year!) since I have had a proper Annihilus blowout sale and it's about time for the annual event, and this one will be a doozy. I am basically getting completely out of moderns, copper and bronze and selling anything that doesn't fit into my focus (now GA, some SA, Pulps, Horror, Arkham House and Vintage Paperbacks). I would have done this sooner, but have been hard at work on my novel (now nearly complete) and just haven't had the time to dedicate to the proper sorting/scanning/listing that is required of my sales. Now I do.

There will actually be several threads (not running concurrently, obviously) broken up into logical chunks so as to hopefully keep folks in their desired element without seeing too much krap in a given thread that does not lie in their interest.

For those not familiar with my listings, as with all my sales, there will be scans/pictures of all items (ok, I sometimes miss one) and I will have them all ready prior to listing. There will not be grades for much of the cheap stuff, but you'll have the pics/scans and can ask if you have questions about a specific book. I list quickly and I list a lot - both singles and lots. The thread will usually go three or four days before closing and starting a new one once it drops off the front page. I will include recaps of what is left at the beginning of each day before listing new items. There will be trivia/giveaways and the like and banter is encouraged/welcome.

I haven't reached the point where I have definite thread focuses yet, but here are the likely culprits:

Trade Paperbacks/Hardbacks/Magazines (Perhaps a couple of longboxes worth)

Marvel Silver/Bronze (maybe 2 longboxes)

Marvel Copper/Modern (around 10 longboxes)

Marvel Releases from last couple years (around 2 longboxes)

DC Bronze/Copper/Modern (6 or so longboxes)

Independents (The jury is out here, but probably around 4 longboxes)

Keys (or semi/minor keys and popular runs large and small)

Toys

I'm still toying with how I am going to do postage in light of the new Media Mail scrutiny, but will likely steal Bio-Rupp's policy (don't hurt me!)

The first thread should be up within the week. :ohnoez:

I'm gonna come around at twelve with some puerto rican girls that are just dyin to meet you.

hm

On second thought, I'm gonna come around tomorrow (or Saturday depending how long scanning takes) with a heapin' helpin' of Marvel/Atlas pre-hero monster books, Atom Age and maybe even some pre-codes.

george4.jpg

CLOONEYTHON IV is going full force and will run all week next week. I've listed some cool items that you just dont see everyday including the start of long run of high grade British Star Wars Weeklys. More goodies to come... so stop over at Mixed and check it out if you haven't got anything better to do. :)

There's a "trading weekend" going on in the signature room from March 11-13. SS books only, just post your books in the thread and work out any trades via PM. Check it out:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4659974#Post4659974

Will be selling slabs and raws of daredevil vol 2, punisher v2, goon, preacher, transmet, crossed, no hero, csi, 30 days of night, satan's sodomy baby, batman and tecs.

It'll be broken down into:

Slabs

$10 books

$5 books

$3 books

$1 books.

There will but upfront discounts, spend $200 get 15% off, $400 25% off. All who have bought previously from me gets a base 10% off plus any other discounts that they qualify for.

I'll be listing a bunch of Mad Magazine type stuff tonight.

Most of it will be foreign issues and offshots.

UK #1, Canada #1, as well as a lot of Australian Mads.

A bunch of the large paperbacks and titles such as Mad XL, Color Classics, Tales Calculated, etc.

Most of the books are still in the subscription bags.

There will be a few nice regular issues and Super Specials as well.

I appreciate you taking time to look through them. :foryou:

I'm almost ready to move on to sale number two of a planned half dozen (thanks to all those who participated in the first!) - this one will be a long box of approximately 250-300 Silver/Bronze Marvel readers 12 centers on up, all low/mid-grade and priced accordingly.

There will likely be a couple of different price structures - one section for $1 books where you get discounts for multiples (like 10 for $8 or something) and another for the $2-$5 books. I'll know more once I get the piles set up and ready to go.

I'll probably start listing mid-week. :wishluck: