• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The ones that I have bought from and sold to on here I would consider to be friends.

And then you meet the Lighthouses of the Forum and that belief is quickly squashed...

Jim

Luckily that does not happen too much. I was not on the boards while he did what he did the first time but judging by the posts on here, he had many friends

Good con men are usually pretty friendly people.

Hey, how ya doing? You been working out? You lose some weight?..... :hi:

Man, these boards really are a microcosm of every facet of human nature.

Sorry for the troubles, Collin. You deserve better. :(

My troubles are far and few between....life is very good....kids....wife.....job....and extended family...what more could a guy hope for. :cloud9:

This board stuff makes for interesting reading, but in all reality....they're just comics. :insane:

Thanks for the sentiment though (thumbs u

This board stuff makes for interesting reading, but in all reality....they're just comics. :insane:

Very true...but when you add cash, or the lack of in case of deadbeat buyers and sellers, to the mix, it can take on greater importance...

Jim

Been over 30 days on a transaction with Daken2626. Paypal'd $20 to him at pab1980@juno.com on 9-8-07. A series of PMs and email went unanswered until I received this:

Sorry for the delay, I was in a severe car accident and totaled my girlfriend's car,

Here is your delivery confirmation number #0306 3030 0003 3038 4385

To check the status go to http://www.usps.com

Thanks again and be on the lookout for some more of my great deals!!!

I then PM'd back offering my condolences and pledging to notify him when the books were received. On 10-5, with no delivery confirmation showing in the USPS system and no books, I PM'd again. No response since then.

Paypal information:

Priscilla Bracamontes

pab1980@juno.com

Here is the thread that he/she started the day that he/she PM'd with a DC#. Looks like this person may have duped some others out of $$.

I paid $30 for books for three books off the same thread and have yet to receive them.

Here is the PM I received from him on 9/29:

Sorry for the delay, I was in a severe car accident and totaled my girlfriend's car...but here is your delivery confirmation number #0306 3030 0003 3038 4415

to check the status got to http://www.usps.com

Thanks again and be on the lookout for more great deals!!

Edited by ffcomics

I paid $30 for books for three books off the same thread and have yet to receive them.

Sorry for the delay, I was in a severe car accident and totaled my girlfriend's car...but here is your delivery confirmation number #0306 3030 0003 3038 4415

:sorry: Guys. I hope you either get your money back or get the books.

Good luck!

Hey guys,

I bought some CGC books off Daken about 2 months ago and they took about a month too arrive. He didn't answer any pm's during this time period, but they did finally show up. I was weary of buying more books after waiting this long last time. I also tried his personal email address and he also didn't answer those, but I think that is when he finally mailed the items out. I would try that if nothing else. Hope this helps. -Matt

Similar story, I sent Daken a PM a few weeks back asking about status and received the same response as you guys. Still waiting for package to arrive ... :baiting:

Does Priscilla have a picture? If she's hot enough, someone on these boards might be willing to track her down.
doh!

Come on admit it, that was fricken funny.

I don't have to admit anything. I am not a member of NOD.