• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Great Reason to NEVER buy a PGX Book or deal with them

141 posts in this topic

This book was purchased at WW Austin at my booth and was a CGC 4.0

Cracked out, signed by Stan and then graded by PGX.

I'll post the conversation with the purchaser when I have time. There were other books as well and I'll try to find them.

I'm attempting to locate a scan of the book in a CGC holder, it is around somewhere, just can't find it right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredible-HULK-1-PGX-7-0-Signature-Edition-Stan-Lee-Auto-/310810179888?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item485dbaf930

For the newbies, the seller djbrady4u is a THE PGX grader/receiver/shipping/customer service/janitor who has been caught red-handed doing all kinds of bad things.

Check this out. LINK

You misspelled something.

:) Yeah, he's pretty much a one-man snake oil show.

For the newbies, the seller djbrady4u is a PGX grader who has been caught red-handed doing all kinds of bad things.

Check this out. LINK

Yeah... I remember talking about him previously. That is very sketchy/shady and I would think could constitute.... fraud!

This is Ryan Elliott's eBay account for those who are unaware. He's been going to most of the major cons buying books, upping the grade, and putting them in a PGX slab. I'm sure most will recall the Avengers 4 scam he tried to pull.

Elliott tried selling a Hulk 1 in September to Terry's Comics and Harley - both wisely passed on it. It was Terry who told me this.

I've said this before and think it worth repeating: PGX could have been an extremely successful business instead of being ran out of a residence on the fly with no actual major con presence or advertising. I think they're doing probably fifteen to twenty percent of what they could be doing in terms of business, all because a couple of people got their stupid on and got greedy.

We've seen a lot of examples of how greed is ruining people in this hobby. How hard is it to honestly represent a book? (shrug)

It appears getting a measly few grand in your pocket quickly outweighs any logical, honest, long term thinking. Your reputation is everything; PGX and Ryan Elliott have earned the lowlife reputations they have.

When was the last time any of you got kicked out of a dealer's booth because of your rep?

This is Ryan Elliott's eBay account for those who are unaware. He's been going to most of the major cons buying books, upping the grade, and putting them in a PGX slab. I'm sure most will recall the Avengers 4 scam he tried to pull.

Elliott tried selling a Hulk 1 in September to Terry's Comics and Harley - both wisely passed on it. It was Terry who told me this.

I've said this before and think it worth repeating: PGX could have been an extremely successful business instead of being ran out of a residence on the fly with no actual major con presence or advertising. I think they're doing probably fifteen to twenty percent of what they could be doing in terms of business, all because a couple of people got their stupid on and got greedy.

We've seen a lot of examples of how greed is ruining people in this hobby. How hard is it to honestly represent a book? (shrug)

It appears getting a measly few grand in your pocket quickly outweighs any logical, honest, long term thinking. Your reputation is everything; PGX and Ryan Elliott have earned the lowlife reputations they have.

When was the last time any of you got kicked out of a dealer's booth because of your rep?

So sad for the hobby. Really disgusting scumbag that needs to just go away.