• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Collection
22 22

18,204 posts in this topic

In a 1973 interview, Margaret Brundage described this as being her most controversial Weird Tales cover.

weirdtales1933_09.jpg

Margaret Brundage interview.

Awesome! :cloud9:

I've been out in the woods all week digging holes so I'm just now getting caught up. Great Weird Tales pulps this week! I've just started working on the Conan covers myself, but they just don't come around in this kind of condition anymore - amazing as always! (worship)

Jeff

Which one is Conan? (shrug)

I remember him being a bit more manly in the Bronze Age....

DSCN3260.jpg

lol He's in the story somewhere I'm pretty sure. Although Conan stories made the cover of WT on nine issues, Conan himself only appeared on three of them (see my av). Usually it was a naked girl in bondage being threatened/whipped/etc. by a evil sorcerer/evil femme fatale/cobras/etc. senza Conan. Sex sells. :cloud9:

Jeff

I've always enjoyed seeing old photos of collectors and their comics so I thought there might be some of you that would like to see the same.

I've added a couple of new pics to one of my slideshows.

The first photograph is of me reading Zorro, one of my favorite comic books at that time.

The second photo pictures me in the summer of 1963, posing with my Superman collection . This was a few months before I discovered comic fandom.

Slideshow

Can you post the pics? I still can't get it to work. Are you using IE 7?

I've always enjoyed seeing old photos of collectors and their comics so I thought there might be some of you that would like to see the same.

I've added a couple of new pics to one of my slideshows.

The first photograph is of me reading Zorro, one of my favorite comic books at that time.

The second photo pictures me in the summer of 1963, posing with my Superman collection . This was a few months before I discovered comic fandom.

Slideshow

Can you post the pics? I still can't get it to work. Are you using IE 7?

Here you go Bill.

1963.jpg

1958.jpg

Love the selection of books. Any of these still around to share?

1963.jpg

BZ, even though I have seen your pics enough times, it still impresses me every time!

gator

Hey, Gator --- as impressive as Tebow's 20+20 ??

Hell, Tebow? Dixon would have been the big H, if his ACL was intact, who knows with voting only a week or so away still could be. Not hard to put up 5TD's against Florida/Atlanta.......Yes, I am a little bitter! My dreams of National Title squashed........

BZ, even though I have seen your pics enough times, it still impresses me every time!

gator

I spell Tebow...H-E-I-S-M-A-N !!!!

gator

gator

I spell Tebow...H-E-I-S-M-A-M !!!!

gator

Interesting spelling....

I typically pu an "N" at the end not an "M", is this a diffferent award from the one given out in New York?

Edited by ciorac

gator

gator

Intersting spelling....

I typically pu an "N" at the end not an "M", is this a diffferent award from the one given out in New York?

Hmmm...

I spell Tebow: T-e-b-o-w.

And, intersting: I-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g. (shrug)

But, maybe that's just me. :baiting:

gator

gator

Intersting spelling....

Hmmm...

And intersting: I-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g. (shrug)

lol

Good for you Bangzoom, I had that one coming :grin:

gator

gator

Intersting spelling....

Hmmm...

And intersting: I-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g. (shrug)

lol

Good for you Bangzoom, I had that one coming :grin:

I knew something looked wrong, but at 6am, I was a little groggy... hit me with a ton of bricks...

:tonofbricks:

gator

The turkey cover was by Fred Craft and the Kid Wolf Xmas cover was by H.W.Scott.

Most of the Wild West Weekly issues featured characters like Kid Wolf, Sonny Tabor, Cowboys from the Circle J, Senor Red Mask, Oklahoma Kid and the Silver Kid. My father used to keep a big box of western pulps under his bed. He saved them for years but were lost when we moved to Ohio in the sixties. I imagine he grew up reading them and didn't want people to know he still had them. Pretty good characters in the stories I think.

bb