• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Props to Supapimp for excellent pricing advice!
1 1

87 posts in this topic

Go to bed and rest up...you are comparing the first app of Morbius (because he is still so popular, um , yes that vampire summer flop with Wesley Snipes, Morbius II was it? On no..wait... that's BLADE....) with the Origin of Wolverine, a 4th tier Marvel character that no one could care less about...you are right again and I bow in deference to your analysis of the comic market. smile.gif

For all that believe Origin 1 is tanking, please sell your copies to MHC for $25 just so it goes away in the cBG ads from his buy list..

What's up? No love between you 2 again? Personally, I could care less about the long-term potential of the book because it will soon be no longer mine! mad.gif

Mmmm, I thought that you were an insider? Didn't he call you right away when the buy order came in or....did you just happen to be on the phone with him?

BTW, do you have it set up that you do not accept PMs, as I have never received a response from you! Are you ignoring me? frown.gif

Well, I have to give credit when credit was due! When I initially deciding what would be a good price to sell my Amazing Spider-man 101 CGC 9.8 at, I was stumped due to the lack of any significant sales of this book. I referred to CBG's CGC multiplyer and noticed that CGC 9.8s sold at a median price of 15 times CBG's price guide. Applying this to Overstreet, I came up with $2,675. I was wondering if this was reasonable. So....when Comiclink offered to buy the book directly and asked for my selling price, I went to Supa because he is a greedy S.O.B. but more with it with respect to rarer books. He based the $4,500 price because a CGC 9.8 number 98 sold for just under $4,000 on Comiclink. When I quoted this price to Comiclink, just let me say that he was shocked and did not buy it outright. So...I decided to list it at that price on Comiclink. I was expecting some offers on the book but 2 days after it was listed, I just received an EMAIL stating that someone is willing to buy it at my asking price. So Supa made me extra dinero with his advice. Thanks buddy! wink.gif

P.S. Murph0, I guess it is "worth" more than the $2,000 that you quoted! tongue.gif

Smooth move, greggy. (thumbs u Looking back, that book still hovers between $4000 and $4500. Thank God for Supapimp, the greedy S.O.B. :acclaim: