• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Your Eyes Only they said, but EVERYONE should read this!
3 3

178 posts in this topic

yeah there is a lot of that kind of thinking going around. Well I am headed over to ebay to watch for the terrific posts for those elusive private auction, restricted feedback nm++ gems I heard that are about to be listed. Best to keep out the thrill bidders for heaven's sakes!

It figures you'd defend someone who is 13 for 13 with his negative posts, Slobberintime. What's you do, clone him from your inbred genes? Why not do the Forum a favor and post something constructive. It's been what, about 150 posts since you did anything but [!@#%^&^], moan, and complain. And with the INVENTORY, that YOU boast of...isn't it ironic that the amount of crying and finger-pointing that someone does is inversely proportionate to their books. You speak ill of books, speak ill of people who HAVE these books, argue and debate your moot, factless, lack of evidence, self-contradictory points based on BOOKS that you don't own, could never own because you can't afford to own them. No wonder that you're such an opinionated person_too_unaware_of_social_graces.

You're like the guys that come up to me with their arms akimbo, I call it imaginary lat syndrome, you know, they THINK they've got em' and want to impress ME. Then they ask how much I can bench and when I tell them, they tell me that they "can bench press 550 lbs., 10 times". Meanwhile, I'm looking at 15 inch pipestems, real spaghetti arms that maybe can manage 10 pushups. Little details like that escape most with no sense, like yourself, and you say these ridiculous things and have actually convinced yourself of it, just as they do. My next question to these pathetic fools is usually, "wow, I'd really like to see someone THAT strong in action, tell you what, there's a 24 hour gym right down the block...how about we go over there...Damn..I'd pay $100 just to see ONE of those 550lb repetitions!".

I've read all your posts, didn't take long at all just browsing for CONTENT because there ISN'T any. I've "seen" your 15 inch pipestems through these posts of yours, and you belong right in that "arms akimbo...imaginary lat syndrome" crowd.

You want to REALLY impress someone here. Let's see you write a post that someone can gain knowledge and insight from. Thusfar, you and Wahoo together are a cumulative 0 for 240 in that respect.

Ok - we will talk just physical, weight lifting stuff now since that seems to be the tangent of the moment.. I have been training for almost 20 years now - I played abit of football in undergrad and when i hurt my knee( had it scoped there doctor) I played waterpolo. I am now 37 and i still work out 4 or 5 days a week and swim about 4 miles evry week. I am friends with some serious bodybuilders and i know some pretty big time wrestlers as their incomes have allowed them to build homes in my neighborhood. Some names for you - Lee Apperson is a trainer at my gym - older but still a top bb with pics on the covers of M&F etc. Also Kevin Nash, the Steiner bros, and a few more big time wrestlers go to my gym. And you know what none of them are in there trying to impress anybody with their bench press. That is mostly an ego exercise that causes shoulder and other damage and gives limited results compared to other exercises. I have not benched in 10 years due to a rotator problem - had a shot of cortisone but no surgery. I can still do lots of dips and I can rep the 120 lb dumbells. I am close to six foot three and weigh about 225 and due to fondness of bbq, beer and pizza I am not exactly ripped but do not care to be. I still do the other hard exercises though -squats and deadlifts and I use real weights and not smith or hammer machines. So your bragging about your physical abilities is really boring. i amsure there are others on here who are also in shape or play sports. it does sound like you have ever played sports - sounds like you are a strutter affraid of actual competition and contact. i have broken my wrist, smashhed my left knee, been clipped and knocked silly playing ball so intimidation from some internet hobgoblin like you is pretty amusing. so as the big man Nash would say, don't sing, it bring it or how about if you are feeling froggy, jump!

25 years of Martial Arts study and competition. Might that qualify as an athletic background? You're right about one thing, the professional wrestlers do NOT lift heavy, I see them all the time when they come into NY to wrestle. They can't when trying to adhere to a tight event itinerary. They wouldn't be able to take the bumps, or wrestle effectively in post work-out condition. Hey...why are we talking....POST A PICTURE OF YOUR PHYSIQUE (like I posted three of mine)..why waste time telling me about it. I'll be VERY able to draw my own conclusions on your "atheliticism, poise and strength", just by seeing a pic of the physique. You have no pics of your fine and fancy automobile fleet, you MUST have a picture of YOU in a tank top or shirtless, NO? Post it. Post it. Don't just say it, POST IT, bay-beeeeeeeeeee, just Post it.....what I'm talkin' bout', (chorus of "post that m**ther-F**k-errrrrr" as the bridge) hhghhhhhhh! POST it, bay-beeeeeeeeeeeee, just POST IT., doncha' just say it (say it, say it, say it....) .......hughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,.... which ya' bad self! Sorry, I burst into HipHop/R&B, . Hey slobber, do you play any instruments. Let's do THAT, next.

I wade into this fray reluctantly... wink.gif

I was once told (and believe wholeheartedly) that one of the keys to winning any battle is wisdom. Wisdom to know when not to fight, i.e., it's just not worth the irritation. wink.gif

The other tidbit I remember is pain tolerance. It doesn't matter how much bigger the other guy is, if you can withstand whatever punishment he or she can dish out you'll win.

Belief and willpower will triumph everytime. Of course I welcome opposing viewpoints. wink.gifgrin.gif

Meth,

Maybe I'm a bit off here. But when I was training in martial arts, and I told my sensei I wanted to start weight training, he said it would be fine as long as I never lifter more than my body weight(bench press) - he said to always work high reps low weight as that would build longer muscles that were far more flexible and quick. Judging by your pictures, you look like you do a lot of heavy weight, low reps. How can you be effective in martial arts being so large? Short muscles are very inflexible and your range of motion has to be somewhat limited. I can think of many katas that would be very difficult for me if I were your size.

What kind of martial arts do you practice?

Ahhh, fresh air! A reasonable question. Approx. 12 years ago, when competing I did so at a lighter bodyweight. I can hit far more effectively at 210 than I can at 240. But, God bless me, anything I were to hit now, at 240, breaks on impact. I started to lift HEAVIER, taking my bench from 385, which was the top weight I used when kickboxing (Muay-Thai) up to 551lbs. at present at an average year round 240 pounds at about 8% bodyfat (I've done 616 with a tight canvas bench shirt), AFTER I didn't have to maneuver around a ring any longer and could carry the extra muscle. The idea that someone can't train heavy and be mobile or agile is NOT applicable in all cases. Jimmy "the Iron Bull" Pellechia, the world's strongest gym lifter (and believe me, NOBODY can duplicate his gym lifts.... 160lb dumbell tricep kickbacks X 20 reps!, 495 pound skull crushers for reps, 315 Olympic bar curls for reps, etc. at 5'9" 260 lbs) is a 6th degree black belt Shotokan. Everyone is different.

Well that is impressive.

How does it effect your speed and flexibility though? I would guess that it would be far easier for you to pull something than someone of a comparable build to say, Jet Li.

I'm sure you and "the iron bull" are fast enough to make, what, 6th dan? But in practical application, like for sparring and stuff, do you find it difficult to spar smaller guys because they might be quicker?

I've noticed that when I started lifting heavier weights, I was markedly slower on the heavy bag, and while I was stronger, my power actually seemed to dip. I would imagine that to be because punch speed actually generates as much or more power than actual strength - but you can't really have 1 without the other.

Remember, I'm NOT a bodybuilder. I'm a powerbuilder or a hybrid between the two, bodybuilding and powerlifting. I use bodybuilding exercises with tremendous weights for low reps as assistance exercises to push up the bench, my main concern. I've squatted 804 and deadlifted 793 but now when I do legs, my heaviest set is 405 X 15-22reps in the squat (I can do more but there's no point) as I've been concentrating on the bench the past two years. I push HEAVY, once every two weeks, using 90% of 1 rep max poundages for bench, incline, seated behind the necks for between 3 and 6 reps, and once every two weeks (1 push workout per week) bench with 50 to 60% of my max 1 rep weight with 12 sets of 3 reps each but EXPLODING, I mean SMOKING the bar through each rep, as if I were trying to throw it through the ceiling. This develops a tremendous amount of power, an incredible amount of TRANSFERRABLE, associative power that has a high carryover of strength to all other applications of daily life. You become EXPLOSIVELY strong. You can turn the power on like a sharp checkmark "V", rather than a slow 'U', from each starting point.

George Halbert, the world's only 700 pound bencher at a bodyweight UNDER 200 lbs. (193) trains EXCLUSIVELY in this manner. Just the explosive style of 50 to 60% of 1 rep max training, accelerating the bar as much as possible. He doesn't have a bodybuilder's physique because he doesn't do 80 to 90% of max 1 rep poundage background work. But he's the strongest POWER-bencher in the universe and with a button down shirt and pair of dress slacks, if he told you he benched 400 pounds, you'd laugh!!! Meanwhile He's the closest thing to SUPERMAN we have on this planet.

There are a bunch of those wrestlers that are all buds that have homes in central Fla - I am not sure they are here a lot because I only see them when they come to work oout. Nash who is about 7 ft tall is pretty funny and nice to talk to - did not like going back to Vince. But Big Poppa has had the roids go to his brain! Acts like his ring persona - same with Buff Bagwell. Nash looks like an aging biker - I think he said he is in his early 40s and does not look like a roid guy - but no doubt in my mind about steiner! If you have worked out long enough, you know immediately who is on the juice. There are limits to human proportion and strength which can only be defeated by science it appears!

Genetics limit human proportion and strength. Nothing else. Ask Pellechia if there's limits after you've SEEN him do slow negatives on the bench with 1100 pounds!!! Ask persons who have seen Paul Anderson lift a 6,270 pound platform off of trestles loaded with a Rolls Royce and other weighty items. Or Mike Dayton, a 200 pound NATURAL bodybuilder following 1500 pound quarter rep squats, or his usual 3000+pound calf standing calf raises for reps. Or folks in the gym that I ask to STAND on top of the weight stack (2 people + the stack) on the Flex wide angel pec deck. The stack itself being a serious challenge for most bodybuilders.

Genetics affect EVERYTHING. Even the body's ability to assimilate protein, load carbs into the muscle instead of fat stores, and yes, even affect the assimilation factor of artificial anabolics due to genetic pre-disposition. Being BIG is one thing. Getting BIG is easy. Some bodybuilders I know are pound for pound, the weakest athletes I know, your average 150 pound moving man having more functional strength than most 200+ pound bodybuilders. Getting STRONG as a bull, fiendishly strong, the kind of strength that you can not only DO the movements with superhuman weights, but you can also walk to the dumbell rack and pick up and carry the 160s as if you're carrying grocery bags, THAT is a HUGE difference that you DON'T see in 99% of all gyms. People TRAIN to get big, but not necessarily strong. The smart way is to train to be STRONG and let the size happen as a byproduct of strength gains, if you're genetically supposed to grow. The size you attain in relation to your strength being governed by genetic limitations...nothing else. Even the amount of testosterone receptors in the body and their sensitivity, whether or not the body's natural testosterone, or introduced from an outside source, is genetically pre-determined. DNA. If you want to build a better mouse-trap, first invent the better mouse, if you start with a genetically gifted one to begin with, you're just that much closer to your goal!

Hey Wahoo, One anonymous, ridiculous, fool to a Forum. You showed up! You're obviously his replacement, and a damned good suitable one at that. Should I recap all of your interesting

PROVE IT,

Or shut the hell up.

Maybe if you checked your FACTS, you will see that the proximity of your re-appearance (or re-birth!) is much more in alignment with the other living non-sequitur's "death" on these boards.

Follow up with the inevitable assumption-based you must have patented long ago.Pretty interesting that you chose to reply to THIS post

Hey guys and Joanna, take a quick look at all the posts WahooFury has made by hitting his name in the bio box, paging down, and hitting "read all posts by....". It won't take too long. 13 posts of basically 1 sentence put downs and insults. Not ONE lucid thought or contribution to this Board. Not even one remotely constructive idea. Keep up the bad work Wahoo anonymous, you're batting 1.000 on the S**t-bird scale.

Oh my, Im blushing! Im soooooo flattered to be such a subject that you are obviously obssessed with, to the point that you would spend so much time researching.

I think. No! Im certain now! There is a tear trickling o' so slowly down the side of my face! I have never been stalked, oooops sorry, I mean thought to mean THAT much to you!

NEVER argue with someone who acts/ is a fool. Others will never ascertain as to who the real fool is. Famous saying. Very fitting with you as your actions prove that.

IN SPADES!

We were ignoring him hoping he would go away

Hey Doctor Phil,

Obviously you are not ignoring me too well by going through the little trouble of feeling you had to type that.

On the other hand,

Koo-Koo should heed Snizzlet!t's advice, But when you have -for-brains, sometimes it doesnt "click"!

It figures you'd defend someone who is 13 for 13 with his negative posts, Slobberintime. What's you do, clone him from your inbred genes? Why not do the Forum a favor and post something constructive. It's been what, about 150 posts since you did anything but [!@#%^&^], moan, and complain. And with the INVENTORY, that YOU boast of...isn't it ironic that the amount of crying and finger-pointing that someone does is inversely proportionate to their books. You speak ill of books, speak ill of people who HAVE these books, argue and debate your moot, factless, lack of evidence, self-contradictory points based on BOOKS that you don't own, could never own because you can't afford to own them. No wonder that you're such an opinionated person_too_unaware_of_social_graces. You're like the guys that come up to me with their arms akimbo, I call it imaginary lat syndrome, you know, they THINK they've got em' and want to impress ME. Then they ask how much I can bench and when I tell them, they tell me that they "can bench press 550 lbs., 10 times". Meanwhile, I'm looking at 15 inch pipestems, real spaghetti arms that maybe can manage 10 pushups. Little details like that escape most with no sense, like yourself, and you say these ridiculous things and have actually convinced yourself of it, just as they do. My next question to these pathetic fools is usually, "wow, I'd really like to see someone THAT strong in action, tell you what, there's a 24 hour gym right down the block...how about we go over there...Damn..I'd pay $100 just to see ONE of those 550lb repetitions!". I've read all your posts, didn't take long at all just browsing for CONTENT because there ISN'T any. I've "seen" your 15 inch pipestems through these posts of yours, and you belong right in that "arms akimbo...imaginary lat syndrome" crowd. You want to REALLY impress someone here. Let's see you write a post that someone can gain knowledge and insight from. Thusfar, you and Wahoo together are a cumulative 0 for 240 in that respect.

Wow, Koo-Koo the Living non-sequitur is at it again!

Keeping stats on me now huh? I must be in your log-book if ever you had one!

I think its about time you asked me to marry you. Dontcha think????????

People defend because they agree. Unless you are incompetent (Very likely) or hiding something (more likely), you have VERY little credibility on these forums and in the comic world. Changing the focus of many a viewpoint, discussion, point, fact, and other more RELEVANT issues with rambling non-sequiturs of which you are now widely known for.

You live on these forums it seems, trying to protect your name and "reputation" with hidden feedback, and began his "career" on these very forums as "anonymous" for quite a long time. You have no credibilty to a vast majority of people in the know.

Your "Hanz and Franz" talk is both immature, embaressing, and EXTREMELY irrelevant. If you feel you have to compensate your obvious idiotic ramblings here, there, and everywhere, with talk of "goings-on" in the gym, it speaks VOLUMES of your inability to deal with all the accusations you should be more than very well aquainted with on these forums and in the convention and comic collecting world.

By the way, we are a cumulative 0-241.

You must have missed a post in your little log-book you spend so much time on.

I wade into this fray reluctantly...

I was once told (and believe wholeheartedly) that one of the keys to winning any battle is wisdom. Wisdom to know when not to fight, i.e., it's just not worth the irritation.

Wisdom is also knowing when NOT to reply to purposely juvenille posts, and Koo-Koo has PROVEN to be extremely lacking in that area. I guess the "fish" were a biting!

The other tidbit I remember is pain tolerance. It doesn't matter how much bigger the other guy is, if you can withstand whatever punishment he or she can dish out you'll win.

Belief and willpower will triumph everytime. Of course I welcome opposing viewpoints.

You mean belief that someone's daughter "doodled" only in several areas of an X-Men #7 scan?

Even though she has to do a "Save AS" in the same folder as the original?

And then the father, knowing where his "original" scan is, KNOWINGLY uploaded the WRONG, and more importantly, WRONGLY-NAMED file, in which he originally named??????????

And obviously DIDNT realize that there were TWO scans of the same?

How does one know to upload a file in which he is unaware of and DOESNT know the name of???????????????????????

Sounds like Ira Einhorn NOT knowing what was in his trunk in the closet!

Either for brains, or a baseless excuse.

• Administrator

Do me a favor and make your points without the obscenity and personal insults.

Children read this board, and people who just plain are offended by this style of "point making" read this board. There's a reason the obscenity filters are there - and it's not so you can side-step them with exclamation points. Please note the board rules - which you agreed to when you signed up, and which are posted at the top of this forum.

Board Guidelines

These boards are meant to be an open and positive environment for the discussion of issues. As such, we encourage a free exchange of ideas and comments; however, participation on these boards is meant to be a positive experience for everyone. This means that inappropriate negativity and "trolling" will be removed, and repeat offenders against this policy will be banned. This is not to censor what can and can't be expressed here. It is a policy designed to maintain a civil and productive environment.

So go ahead and make your points, just do it within the boundaries of civility.

Thanks.

Arch