• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Your Eyes Only they said, but EVERYONE should read this!
3 3

178 posts in this topic

I don't know about you but if I was disclosed the color touch instead of the tear seal, I'd be unhappy. As long as they disclose the major restoration, I don't think most would have problems with minor stuff here and there..but then again I won't buy restored comics so I don't know smile.gif

Brian

That's a good point, but it would seem from the tone of Fishler's reply, if I understand it correctly, that a good faith attempt was made to identify and disclose known restoration and that it was documented in a letter at the time of sale... I think that would go a long way to proving Metropolis innocent of any wrongdoing. After all, even restoration experts occasionally miss some forms of restoration so it would likely not be reasonable to expect Metropolis to find every last bit of restoration. Even CGC allegedly misses resto at times. Although this is hearsay, I have friends that contend resto was missed on a few of their cgc submissions. (I make no such contention personally - strictly what other people have said).

I think the issue has more to do with intentional deception vs. innocent oversight (pursuant to a good faith attempt at identifying and disclosing any restoration). And those letters would go a long way to disproving intentional deception...

Hey! Wicked - I'm four stars again!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Now that's a dirty trick! Somebody booted me down to three stars again as soon as I posted this! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Edited by Bronty

.......i just gave you a 5 too bronty, just because your last post was so funny.......... grin.giflaugh.gif

..........i think you must of atracted a few low-balls too though as it doesn't seem to have bumped you back to 4............. shocked.gif

Thanks blowout and CI. I have returned the favor. CI, I don't always agree with everything you say (Miracleman over Watchmen anyday smile.gif ) but you definitely spice up the forum, which is to everyone's benefit, so I have no hesitation with the five stars! grin.gif FYI, as far as I can recall, I had never rated you until today.

OK, no more about the stars or we'll ruin this thread. tongue.gif

I would have loved to have admitted to giving you 1 stars to bring you down, I have to be honest and say that I rated you long time ago! What I rated you will be kept a secret! tongue.gif

How do you change a rating? What if a person has a negative first impression but changes their mind, or visa versa? Just wondering. I've been 5-starring lots of fine folks here. I can't help myself. I just like you guys.

-- Joanna

Unfortunately, the system won't allow to change the rating for anyone. So...it's probably best to wait to see how well you like someone before you rate them! frown.gif

I have a strong feeling that the books Nic got scammed of are........

Detective 27 in the vf/mn range Batman #1 nm- range and I totally think Nick would be able to afford a high grade copy of Action#1 so a vf/nm copy for sure.

He probably bought the vg+ to replace the first one as this was probably bought recently at high $$ value and the stolen one was bought years back when Action was only $2500 in good in 1986.

I could be wrong but it makes sence....

Hey Wahoo, One anonymous, ridiculous, fool to a Forum. You showed up! You're obviously his replacement, and a damned good suitable one at that. Should I recap all of your interesting posts for you, so we can all see how good a job you're doing?

Hey guys and Joanna, take a quick look at all the posts WahooFury has made by hitting his name in the bio box, paging down, and hitting "read all posts by....". It won't take too long. 13 posts of basically 1 sentence put downs and insults. Not ONE lucid thought or contribution to this Board. Not even one remotely constructive idea. Keep up the bad work Wahoo anonymous, you're batting 1.000 on the S**t-bird scale.