Active Topics | Active Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum Subject
Bronze Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Why are there so many more cgc 9.8's of GS xmen 1 than Xmen 94? by seanfingh     5 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: the blobGSXM was part of the Mile High II hoard,
---

Did MH II really produce a lot of 9.8s when those books started getting slabbed 20+ years later?

I see MH IIs touted as such that are 8.5s
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! by Jaydogrules     1 minute 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ygogolak Originally Posted By: Jaydogrules Originally Posted By: CBT Originally Posted By: ygogolakSo if there are a lot of the variant available, like at bigger cons, then it's a "real" variant. Got it...
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: The X-23 Thread by ygogolak     2 minutes 20 seconds ago

Badmouth one site specifically that has done nothing wrong.
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: CGC Grading issues - Rainbow Bags by MetalPSI     3 minutes 22 seconds ago

Well, you've answered your own question there.

And made a thread stating the obvious.

Welcome to the boards
Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only
Jump to new posts Re: HIGH GRADE TALES OF SUSPENSE 40,41,42 and 45! by comicquant     3 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: blazingbobI'll take the #41 and #45

You beat me to it! Let me know when they're up!
Gold Comics
Jump to new posts Re: ComicLink Fall Auction by Ricksneatstuff     6 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: Sqeggs Originally Posted By: Ricksneatstuff Originally Posted By: GoldCap

Glad you got it! I didn't realize until just now that there are only 11 on the census!

Yeah. Pretty low number for
Jump to new posts Re: BUNKY'S MASSIVE HOLIDAY 25% OFF SALE 400 BOOKS! by Dale Roberts     6 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: G.A.tor Originally Posted By: mrmyst Originally Posted By: G.A.torBrian alerted me he is off boards for a few days. But he will be back

I think it was a mod imposed "off the boards"...
Comics related - Movies, TV, Video games
Jump to new posts Re: The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED by accessndx     6 minutes 26 seconds ago

The Flashpoint team arguments are a bit lame IMO.....especially considering almost everyone at Star Labs has an appreciation of space/time.

Barry didn't 'change' any timeline. He went back into his own timeline and altered one or two thin
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! by CBT     6 minutes 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jaydogrules

But still, the convention organizers are the ones who commission the variants from the publisher (regardless of the name or size of the convention ) in the identical fashion that retailers do, often
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Spawn Variants by greatbrandino     8 minutes 12 seconds ago

I knew there would be others who would be able to respond to your question than I could : )
Jump to new posts Re: BUNKY'S MASSIVE HOLIDAY 25% OFF SALE 400 BOOKS! by G.A.tor     8 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: mrmyst Originally Posted By: G.A.torBrian alerted me he is off boards for a few days. But he will be back

I think it was a mod imposed "off the boards"....
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: The X-23 Thread by CBT     9 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ygogolak
You might have snagged the title for biggest agenda on the boards.

Sweet, can you name that agenda so i can printed it on my trophy?

Protector of the Innocent
Truth Seeker
Tra
Original Comic Art
Jump to new posts Re: Original Comic Art history.... by s.slayton     9 minutes 34 seconds ago

Two Morrows published a book called Grail Pages a few years ago.
Gold Comics
Jump to new posts Re: ComicLink Fall Auction by archiefan     9 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Ricksneatstuffgif hosting

This had to happen.

Congrats Rick!! Nice pickup
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: The X-23 Thread by Candletric     10 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CBTIf MileHighComics was printing a virgin variant, would people here be slanging it? I don't think so. Transparency is the issue, not the product.

If people were coming on here and saying:

"cBSi is
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Deadpool: Merc With a Mouth 1 (Sketch Cover) by greatbrandino     10 minutes 56 seconds ago

Does anyone know anything about this book? Value? Rarity? Importance? I was browsing eBay this weekend and this book came up during one of my random searches. I noticed some insane prices - slabbed and unslabbed. I remembered having this
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Spawn Variants by CBT     11 minutes 31 seconds ago

All 1:x are chase variants to an extent, but ones no one cares about ones are easily obtained on ebay. I think you need to differentiate between ones that fall flat, and ones that "held its value".
Comics General
Jump to new posts Re: CGC BOARD CHARITY THREAD: STORMSURGE by Stormsurge     11 minutes 55 seconds ago

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update.

So after having radiation done a second time on the two brain tumors* without positive results my doctors decided to reach out to MD Anderson to discuss other possible
Jump to new posts Re: A sales thread for Roshni by 143ksk     13 minutes 48 seconds ago

$600 shipped

Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: The X-23 Thread by ygogolak     15 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CBTIf MileHighComics was printing a virgin variant, would people here be slanging it? I don't think so. Transparency is the issue, not the product.

If people were coming on here and saying:

"cBSi is
Jump to new posts Re: HIGH GRADE TALES OF SUSPENSE 40,41,42 and 45! by Vorpal     15 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: blazingbobI'll take the #41 and #45

Nice!
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Moderns that are heating up on ebay! by ygogolak     17 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Jaydogrules Originally Posted By: CBT Originally Posted By: ygogolakSo if there are a lot of the variant available, like at bigger cons, then it's a "real" variant. Got it...
where do people come up with
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Spawn Variants by ygogolak     19 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: greatbrandinoThat's really it. The scarcity of the variant cover is what makes it so valuable. It was a random chase variant. Just to give you an idea, Spawn 185 B&W variant (the most expensive and sought after Spawn book)
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Remembering Pearl Harbor 75 Years Later by jaybuck43     20 minutes 25 seconds ago

No it won't. AP ran the story yesterday based on comments from a Japanese aide.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/12/06/japanese-leader-abe-wont-apologize-at-pearl-harbor.amp.html
Modern Comics
Jump to new posts Re: Spawn Variants by CBT     20 minutes 50 seconds ago

Chase variant means generally, something that suddenly people became interested in and there are more people chasing it then copies available, driving the price sky high.

I personally would add, the interest came afterwards, and wasnt ther
Page 1 of 57 12345>Last »
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
WTB: 1984 P and D Olympics $10 gold NGC PF 70 commemoratives
by Go Mango
11:02 AM
Did you know people buy/sell coins on Bonanza? I didn't...but I do now!
by stldanceartist
12/03/16 04:23 PM
Wanted Isle of Man 1/2 Sovereigns
by Zebo
12/03/16 12:24 PM
2006-W Gold American Eagle 20th Anniversary set - all NGC MS/PF69
by AlanLastufka
11/30/16 03:20 PM
Comics Marketplace
A sales thread for Roshni
by Flex Mentallo
04:04 AM
HIGH GRADE TALES OF SUSPENSE 40,41,42 and 45!
by Brady Smith
02:04 AM
Batman, Star Wars, GI Joe, Art and maybe some more
by Shadow Images
11:46 PM
Just one book!!! 1:25 Harley variant 9.8!
by Gunnz
11:24 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.018 seconds were spent on a total of 7 queries. Zlib compression enabled.