• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,817 posts in this topic

The butt of so many other jokes went on to become keys... Howard the Duck, X-Force 2, etc.

Sought after, maybe, but I'm not sure that these should be classed as keys.

Ya, I should have went with 'keys' (heavy air quotes)

If Super-pro could get some Norris like memes going I could see his 1st app. taking off. Anything is possible after Squirrel Girl. Anything.

Considering that Quesada seems to really like Squirrel Girl, and that even if there was some higher-up that liked Superpro, Marvel would probably need the NFL's permission to do anything with him, I think it's safe to say that nothing significant will happen with any of the books, *unless* Marvel and the NFL announce some plans for a project without giving any details. Then speculators will be out in force.

If Super-pro could get some Norris like memes going I could see his 1st app. taking off. Anything is possible after Squirrel Girl. Anything.

Considering that Quesada seems to really like Squirrel Girl, and that even if there was some higher-up that liked Superpro, Marvel would probably need the NFL's permission to do anything with him, I think it's safe to say that nothing significant will happen with any of the books, *unless* Marvel and the NFL announce some plans for a project without giving any details. Then speculators will be out in force.

The sad thing is that even this bit of posting about NFL Super-pro has probably led at least a few speculators to pick it up just in case.

I love Beta Ray Bill and that first 2 issue arc is one of the coolest arcs in Thor history. I have been looking for a great raw copy for awhile.

Me too.

Beta Ray Bill rules.

I just read those books for the first time last week. Awesome!!! Great character.

Horse poo.

I don't know what book you're referring to WRT the 9.9 comment but nonetheless, I am able to grade a raw copper book at a 9.9.I am confident in my ability to discern the subtle difference(s) between a 9.8 and a 9.9, just as a seasoned collector should be able to.

I have 4 ridiculously sharp copies of Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme # 1 that I plan on submitting to CGC.It's been about a month since I looked at them but IIRC, I think I pegged 2 copies as clocking in at 9.8 and 2 copies at 9.9....after they were to be pressed.

All 4 copies have a defect that keeps them from hitting 9.8 or higher; about a one inch square of writing indentations.I am going to press these books out before sending them in and hell, I'd wager an easy $100 that 2 of the 4 come back as 9.9.

Horse poo.

I don't know what book you're referring to WRT the 9.9 comment but nonetheless, I am able to grade a raw copper book at a 9.9.I am confident in my ability to discern the subtle difference(s) between a 9.8 and a 9.9, just as a seasoned collector should be able to.

I have 4 ridiculously sharp copies of Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme # 1 that I plan on submitting to CGC.It's been about a month since I looked at them but IIRC, I think I pegged 2 copies as clocking in at 9.8 and 2 copies at 9.9....after they were to be pressed.

All 4 copies have a defect that keeps them from hitting 9.8 or higher; about a one inch square of writing indentations.I am going to press these books out before sending them in and hell, I'd wager an easy $100 that 2 of the 4 come back as 9.9.

How many people are able to get in on this bet?

What the hell, :takeit:

Edited by manetteska

I'm in as well! There are guys on these boards who've sent in a helluvalotmore books than I have but I'm way up over 1000 subs. You know how many times I've sent in a book that looks absolutely perfect and still comes back 9.8?

I've always felt (and argued), that if you send in enough books, CGC will throw you a bone from time to time. But good luck calling 9.9's!

Jay

Guy started working at Gotham Central in the summer. Had his first submission at Niagara Falls Comic Con.

Two books came back 9.9. (one is signed by Ernie Hudson)

I hope it's super pro

Horse poo.

All 4 copies have a defect that keeps them from hitting 9.8 or higher; about a one inch square of writing indentations.I am going to press these books out before sending them in and hell, I'd wager an easy $100 that 2 of the 4 come back as 9.9

Good luck with that!

-slym

Guy started working at Gotham Central in the summer. Had his first submission at Niagara Falls Comic Con.

Two books came back 9.9. (one is signed by Ernie Hudson)

How many books were in the submission?

Horse poo.

:roflmao:

Horse poo.

:roflmao:

Somehow....

Just a hunch...

Going out on a limb here...

Call me crazy...

But I don't think he's going to get back to us with the results