• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Open plea to all CGC Forumites - OT Threads
2 2

378 posts in this topic

Or are the OT posts in CG squelching out the ten's and ten's of important threads that need to be seen? :baiting:

Yes. Any comic-related thread, no matter how inane, is more important than some stupid OT thread.

If you don't agree with me, I'm happy to make my point by duplicating what POV did a few years ago to get the Mods to start clamping down on the explosion of OT threads in the General Forum.

Who put your panties in a bunch? Lay off the caffeine. :baiting:

Nah, just tired of the constant OT threads in General.

Constant????? I count 7 out of 31 threads that are OT.on the first page.

I think it comes down to needing at times somthings that are not all

about comics, if for no other reason then the brake it gives us.

Just now looking at the Comics General first TWO pages of Threads I just counted

Seventeen ( 17) Off-topic Threads. That is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

too much and I am not shocked but dissapointed at some of the counter-arguments on this Thread.

It was too good to be true.

So I will take the next step.

CAL :juggle:

That being what CAL. Seems to me that this whole OT topic is all about YOU.

What YOU want. What YOU feel. What YOU will do. What about what WE want.

I can't locate the link to the Thread where Arch TOLD me to stop posting football stuff in Comics General.

Rules are rules - not what we( you) want.

Like I posted earlier, I will say this once more:

I am not surprised, but am disappointed in the reactions and counter-arguments of this Thread. I knew it would not work, and you guys proved me right AGAIN.

CAL :headbang:

was that your whole reason for bringing it up? brilliant Straw Man strategy. :golfclap:

uhh, read further back - you missed the MAIN reason I decided to forge ahread( and I already know that people like you fit the sig line below)...

CAL doh!

Or are the OT posts in CG squelching out the ten's and ten's of important threads that need to be seen? :baiting:

Yes. Any comic-related thread, no matter how inane, is more important than some stupid OT thread.

If you don't agree with me, I'm happy to make my point by duplicating what POV did a few years ago to get the Mods to start clamping down on the explosion of OT threads in the General Forum.

Just now looking at the Comics General first TWO pages of Threads I just counted

too much and I am not shocked but dissapointed at some of the counter-arguments on this Thread.

I can't locate the link to the Thread where Arch TOLD me to stop posting football stuff in Comics General.

I am not surprised, but am disappointed in the reactions and counter-arguments of this Thread. I knew it would not work, and you guys proved me right AGAIN.

So it IS ALL ABOUT YOU THEN! I have been here long enough to

remember you saying how you wished people would respond to your theads,

so start an OT topic about OT topics, get all fired up, watch people post, and

then complain, am I missing something here or is there more to this that you

want to share.

was that your whole reason for bringing it up? brilliant Straw Man strategy. :golfclap:

uhh, read further back - you missed the MAIN reason I decided to forge ahread( and I already know that people like you fit the sig line below)...

CAL doh!

Perhaps you should consider the issues and tribulations of the two gentlemen you quote. Use that spirit for considerably more noble reasons then to shut down chatter on a comic forum.

I dont necessarily disagree with your intent, but me thinks you doth protest too much.

IMHO, of course.

I wish the perpetrators of @ssery would go establish there own elitist forum and leave General and Forum Only Selling to the rest of us. They could enjoy the company of the four or so of themselves there, and maybe get Deathlok reinstated for a full house.

I can dream, can't I????:cloud9:

So it IS ALL ABOUT YOU THEN! I have been here long enough to

remember you saying how you wished people would respond to your theads,

so start an OT topic about OT topics, get all fired up, watch people post, and

then complain, am I missing something here or is the more to this that you

want to share.

you are incorrect, sir.

I rarely started threads, so it must be someone else you are thinking about.

I was the one, one of the first ones, that pleaded with Mr. Borock to clean up the Boards. I was ignored.

I go away( twice) and the third time I return I see that some, only some, things changed. These changes were some suspensions on those who I thought would never be touched.

Arch was very harsh to me, almost bringing me to the point of quitting CGC and starting my own grading service. Arch bought a lot of the garbage that was thrown at me from my enemies, especially from one particular group.

So I waited and bided my time, and stopped sending comics to CGC in case Arch got me kicked off.

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about, and are like many others here, quick to choose sides and not get the facts.

The pertinent FACTS to this thread CAL started was:

1) too many OT in Comics general.

2) There are rules, by ARCH, as someone else linked for me

3) another shill chased me in one of your OT threads you seem to advocate

4) a lot of problems WOULD be eliminated if everyone in this community would just follow the guidelines, instead of making excuses as why they can "do what they want", " CAL can go to hades( whatever)", "hate to agree with CAL but he has a point", and " it is no big deal" when rules not followed IS a big deal.

5) If Arch's rules apply to me, why not you? So this is not all about me, even though you are trying to pin this on me.

Tell you what. I will be the bad guy. But I will push for the rules to be followed, like me or not. I learned YEARS ago when one is not liked, nothing can turn that around. So I spare myself any energy trying. Truth and how I see things is how I say them, and I aint gonna change now.

Kiss off

CAL :sumo:

Anyone watching MNF? Go Packers! :applause:

:signofftopic:

That was so -ing righteous! Just won my no-spread Pro Pool (only loss this week Pittsburgh)...final play was like a money-shot! Un-freakinbelievable! I'm a socal boy but you gotta luv the Fuv...!!! (saw G-Bay in Colloseum v Rams in '67 (7th grade) )...Travis Williams 104 yd kick return etc...at the time and still, a big G-Bay fan...Ray Nitschke still in my mind the archetype for football of ALL time...

Cal,

Whatever point you are trying to make is now officially rendered moot by the complete and utter spamming of the for sale forum.

Regards,

Shawn

One who does not care either way about your hissy fit, but finds it humorous when you make yourself look like an .

Cal,

Whatever point you are trying to make is now officially rendered moot by the complete and utter spamming of the for sale forum.

Regards,

Shawn

One who does not care either way about your hissy fit, but finds it humorous when you make yourself look like an .

I also find the for sale forum spam deliciously hypocritical. Intentionally or not, he has undermined his own arguments.

Cal,

Regards,

Shawn

then why your incorrect response?

I only have ONE in topic thread in the market place.

Look before you accuse.

Take care mr. Lib

CAL lol

Cal,

Regards,

Shawn

I also find the for sale forum spam deliciously hypocritical. Intentionally or not, he has undermined his own arguments.

1) My trade items are in the proper forum - unlike the OT garbage in the Comics General

2) I have 55 items and am not so sure that I cannot create multiple threads. I will find out tomorrow when I inquire.

If I CAN do what you and your other cry-babies made me undo, I am going to rub it in as hard as possible.

CAL

Cal,

Regards,

Shawn

Look before you accuse.

Take care mr. Lib

CAL lol

Cal,

Why not just make a bunch of OT posts in general?

Why spam the for sale forum? Yes, I did see that you "deleted" the other 6 threads you started.

If your issue is with all the OT posts in general and you are trying to make a point then why spam the for sale forum?

Good for you if there is something that bothers you so much that you are going to take a stand, but at least do it in a way that makes sense. Otherwise what is the point? (shrug)

If your issue is with all the OT posts in general and you are trying to make a point then why spam the for sale forum?

My threads in the for sale forum are

IN TOPIC

IN TOPIC

IN TOPIC

no matter how many I start.

Your petty argument has no merit.

enjoy your time in the phantom zone

CAL doh!

Rules and Bones are made to be broken.

By the way,Tim, it was OldGuy that bumped all the OT threads to the top,not POV.

OG, POV, :juggle:

I knew there was an O in there somewhere. :whistle:

Easy to get confused. I guess we all look alike,eh?

Cal,

Regards,

Shawn

Look before you accuse.

Take care mr. Lib

CAL lol

Cal,

Why not just make a bunch of OT posts in general?

Why spam the for sale forum? Yes, I did see that you "deleted" the other 6 threads you started.

Good for you if there is something that bothers you so much that you are going to take a stand, but at least do it in a way that makes sense. Otherwise what is the point? (shrug)

Nice way to try to deflect this whole issue. The fact that Cal might be wrong about something else doesn't mean that he's wrong about the OT issue.