• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,908 posts in this topic

In honor of stupid money being paid lately for this book in mid grade, here's one of my two copies. 893applaud-thumb.gif

hos106.jpg

acclaim.gif

Really? I haven't heard. What has this book been going for in mid-grade? Well drawn breasts always help sell a book. I'm not surprised. Hell, it'll make me pay more for a book too.

Looks like all we can know for certain is that 3 people (assuming nothing shilly) want this book that bad, with jtomlinson2000 and nice0guy each winding up with their copies.

That leaves worldsgreatestsuperhero still on the prowl. Go get 'em Sterling!!! thumbsup2.gif

Bach ... I'm with you!

This is nutty $$$ for this grade!

This once again affirms my opinion that when a genre gets "hot" with the speculation crowd in HG, there is a trickle down consequence for the poor bastards like me who collect to read and keep in mid and lower grade... 893blahblah.gif

Dang, I bought this book in about the same grade not but a few months ago for..... ONE DOLLAR!!!! Thank the comic gods I avoided a soak on this one! hail.gif

Dang, I bought this book in about the same grade not but a few months ago for..... ONE DOLLAR!!!! Thank the comic gods I avoided a soak on this one! hail.gif

One month ago, I only paid $6 for the copy I posted above. gossip.gif

acclaim.gif

Yeah, paying over $50 for a raw 9.0 or so seems quite high for a book like that. I have a couple of those, maybe in the VF range that I'd be thrilled to get $20 for. But this IS one of the better covers, and certainly among Wrightson's best. I have a vast selection of many mid to lower high grade (6.0 to 9.2) DC Bronze horror that I'll start selling raw individually and in small lots on Ebay in January. It's gonna be fun to see how it goes. I've bought alot over the past year but haven't really sold many except for my G/VG reader copies, but even they sold well considering. This is an exciting time we are in for this genre. I just wonder where it'll be in two to three years from now. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm goin' a little crazy with these lots. Again probably buying more than I need. I imagine many of you guys noticed the two low to mid-grade complete HoM and HoS lots up on Ebay. Anyway, I just gave in to temptation and purchased the HoS lot although the HoM is still available if anyone is interested. It ends tonight (Sunday 12th). Not the best deal I ever purchased, but not too bad either. Seller looks good from what I can tell. Being in New Orleans I would imagine that maybe Shiver knows the guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2293239002&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

This is NOT the first time I have seen this seller dealing off a complete BA run of HoM and HoS..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif wonder how much more he's got?!

He must have had quite the inventory. He just sent me an e-mail telling me that the last lot of HoS that he sold was to Guillermo del Toro, director of Blade 2 and Hellboy. He even offered to PayPal back any excess shipping fee if shipping is less than he charged. Sounds like a good seller. I noticed that somebody else hit the BIN on the HoM lot too. I'm tellin' ya', these old books may not be ASM or X-Men, but they are being dusted off and slowly being brought into the limelight.

I...I'm g..g..getting my Modern grades t...t...tomorrow....I'm s s soo ner vous....

Abel.jpg

Are they actually late Bronze or do you have some "real" moderns? Most of my "Modern" orders consist of '75 - '79 books. I have never called up in advance to get my grades. That ruins the excitement of opening the box when I get it. When you get the grades in advance you can't look at the book and yell out "Why in the hell did that just get a 9.2, it damn well looks like a 9.6?" at the top of your lungs. I just have too much fun opening the box and seeing what I got. Like being a kid and hoping for one of the "good prizes" in a box of Cracker Jacks instead of one of those damn crappy tiny tattoo booklets.

My definition of Moderns reflects CGC's tiers. (1975 and beyond). So actually late Bronze if that's your way of thinking.

As far as surprises--I get enough from eBay raw books. Trying to postpone my inevitable demise for another day, Sid.

BTW, I loved applying those temporary tatoos when I was but a lad.