Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#348744 - 02/21/04 07:58 PM HAS ANYBODY READ THIS?
jackstraw Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Tolland, CT
do you think this is fact or fiction?i'm voting fiction.

AUCTION

#348745 - 02/21/04 08:44 PM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? *DELETED* [Re: jackstraw]
MW1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Post deleted by dena

#348746 - 02/21/04 09:21 PM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? [Re: MW1]
grilloj39 Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

Loc: San Antonio, TX
I vote fiction...he seems more concerned about telling this "PSA story" then selling the card.

#348747 - 02/21/04 09:35 PM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? [Re: jackstraw]
MW1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Maybe it's part fact and part fiction.

#348748 - 02/23/04 02:17 AM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? [Re: MW1]
botn Offline

Loc: Santa Monica, CA
I know Frank, the seller. I do not know the details of this story but he is not the type of person who would go to this extreme if he did not feel that he was wronged by PSA.

#348749 - 02/23/04 02:26 AM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? *DELETED* [Re: botn]
MW1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Post deleted by dena

#348750 - 02/23/04 02:46 AM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? [Re: MW1]
botn Offline

If it were a WIWAG job PSA would have been happy to buy it back since it does not come out of their pocket. I will contact Frank and ask him to come over here.

Can anyone tell me if my asking him would be considered obsessive?

#348751 - 02/23/04 03:23 AM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? *DELETED* [Re: botn]
MW1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Post deleted by dena

#348752 - 02/23/04 03:30 AM Re: HAS ANYBODY READ THIS? [Re: MW1]
botn Offline

Frank has the cert number, scan of the card when it was in the PSA holder as well as the card as it was sent back to him by PSA.

He is going to give me all of the details to post on this forum. I guess Orlando pulled a fast one, from what he is saying.

#348753 - 02/23/04 08:18 PM PSA Taking Advantage of One of their Customers [Re: botn]
botn Offline

I spoke with Frank and with his permission I am providing his e-mail to me describing the details of the 1963 Topps Rose PSA 9 fiasco with PSA. I am also providing the simage showing the card in the holder and then in a Protecto.

greg, this is now dating back to sept 01, 2002...this auction was on ebay auction # 1854838814....card cert. # 05035083... this auction was for a 1963 topps pete rose rookie # 537 psa 9 nq!!.....when i'm interested in a card i will always email to the seller and ask questions about the card. the ebayer name that i got the card from is pghsportscards with pittsburgh sportscards , he's out of glenshaw , pa.....he's still on ebay . he has 375 positive and 1 negitive feedback now......i emailed this guy before i bought the card about 5 times and spoke with him on the phone a couple of times....so this guy was real....he asked what i was looking to pay for this card and i made him a offer of 6200.00 at the time , that was a fair price for this card...so anyways he he ended his auction early...i expressed mailed him a cashier check ..he mailed the card....when i got the card i checked it out made sure it was what i wanted , i did check for the case being trammered with , i checked out the card , it looked very nice..then i just put it away in my safe.... february 8th and 9th of 2003 there was a card show at hollywood park.i really never liked the psa cases because the card will move around in the case and will cause the card to get damaged after time..this card was so nice i wanted to get it crossed over to a bgs 9 or bvg 9....bgs put's there cards in the case , but also put a plastic sleeve in the case to hold the card from moving...so i took it to the bgs booth and asked them to regrade and put it in there case...i went back the next day to pick up my card and bgs told me that it looked like the upper right corner was recolored , but they really couldn't tell unless they cracked it out of the case to check it . at that time i asked the guy from bgs if it looked like the case was trammered with and he looked at the case and told me no ...so , then i took the card over to gai , as you know steve rocci is the founder of gai and was one of the founders of psa....i asked steve to check out the card and he told me that it looks like the upper right corner was recolored , but again he told me that he would have to take it out of the case to make sure.. it was a really great job by someone who recolored this card..he then handed the card to mike baker one of the head grader's in the business..he also told me the same thing about the card. steve told me to take it back to psa and tell them something is wrong with this card..i asked steve to write me a letter stating that the case was not trammered with and the card looked like it was recolored.... i do have that letter...because i knew psa would come up with some reason why . i went over to the psa booth and spoke to the guy and told him my concern .before i let him have the card i asked him to check out the case and the card to see if it was trammered with he told me no the case was ok and the card looked ok.......so i left it with psa...so i waited a few days and haven't received the card back from psa , so i called and spoke to annabell 2 times and she told me that the card was still in the case. then i spoke with some guy and he told me that the card was trammered with . the upper right corner was recolored. then i emailed joe orlando the pres. of psa....he told me that this is not there problem someone took the card out of there holder and switched the card.i asked him many times not to crack the card out of the case because i will not have proof of the card to try to get my money back from the guy i got it from....then psa tried to put this on wiwag saying they switched the card , but the investigator of the wiwag's case told psa this was not one of wiwag cards...the investigator didn't know what was going on . i emailed joe orlando at least 10 times asking him not to take the card out of the case..i told him to cut the corners out of the case, write on the case , do anything just don't take the card out of the case. joe orlando didn't care...next thing i know i get the card back in the mail , the card was cracked out of the case ..there were 3 pictures with it . the front view with the card in the holder , the top view of the case and the side view of the case....i can take any psa holder and take a picture and it will look the same way ..by the way i still have all the emails i wrote to joe orlando stating not to crack it out of the case...so now i have a card that was recolored and out 6200.00 ...if you need more info. let me know. frank

Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »

Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
1922 $20 Gold Certificate A Beauty
by BRIAN339
03:38 PM
by agentjim007
11/27/14 01:51 PM
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
11/26/14 10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Comics Marketplace
70s Marvel Trades -- Fireside and Ideals
by RCheli
2 New EBAY Sketch Cover Listings!
by ScottPVaughn
12:10 AM
Tales of Teen Titans #44, (2) copies DC Legends #3 For Sale
by TheDynasty
11:51 PM
FF 47 65 Captain Marvel 26 Marvel Premiere 47 (2) Ms. Marvel 1's For Sale
by TheDynasty
11:49 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.029 seconds in which 0.018 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.