Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#1057736 - 01/30/06 06:54 PM INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate?
PeteFrazier Offline
Just got here

I recently bought a lot of coins from "Numismatics Bureau" online. What are the chances that they are accurately graded considering the certification and guarantee come from the same company? Anyone have much experience with them?

Edited by PeteFrazier (01/31/06 07:21 PM)

#1057737 - 01/30/06 07:13 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: PeteFrazier]
TomB Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I've never heard of them, do you have a link? In truth, it sounds like a "custom" slabbing shop that will sell you coins at far above their value.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

Check out my photography and follow me on Facebook

On ebay as ivyleaguecoin

#1057738 - 01/30/06 08:49 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: TomB]
zrlevin Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: U.Va.
I've bought from them before, their grading companies are full of it. I bought some nickels supposedly graded MS70, but they were considerably scratched up. That was from PGS. I've never heard of INB though...
NB had very good customer service, they promptly corrected a different problem I had had.

My Collection
Coins for Sale!
Photography Services; $4-$6 per coin

"Never, ever make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your enemies won't believe you anyhow." - EZ_E

#1057739 - 01/30/06 09:50 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: zrlevin]
macrocoin Offline
I am gonna miss that car.

I havent heard of them before. I stick to the big four, and primarily NGC as a first choice, followed by PCGS, ANACS, and IGC in that order. That said, buy the coin, not the holder...if the coin is what you want, buy it at what you determine to be a fair price...you can always have the coind certified elsewhere if its really important to you. In the grand scheme of things, I only see having a certified coin when resale value is a factor in the original purchase. I have coins that I think of as a commodity, which would sell any day for the right profit. Other coins, that have been handed down from generations in my family will never leave my grasp for any amount of money, therefore slabbing them would server little purpose to me.

As with all things, caveat empor!

#1057740 - 01/31/06 07:29 AM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: PeteFrazier]
James_EarlyUS Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: St. Louis, MO
INB grading is a joke. Please don't waste your time on them! I've only seen junk in their holders.

James

#1057741 - 01/31/06 04:27 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: James_EarlyUS]
Die Varieties Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Geeze -- this is another one that I have never heard of before. Dang -- there all over the place! I use 3 -- NGC, ANACS, PCGS. I luv to look at PCI slabs at shows -- there great for cherrypickin varieties cause they can't attribute correctly.

#1057742 - 01/31/06 06:41 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: TomB]
PeteFrazier Offline
Just got here

they dont have a web site except on ebay. numismaticbureau is the ebay name, they have their own store.

#1792612 - 07/16/07 05:17 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: James_EarlyUS]
drdave33 Offline
Just got here

Loc: Texas, USA
Well, Hello!
I just bought a few lots of bulk coins, but nothing graded so from from INB. I have the same question. Who is INB? Some individual who works in his own basement,and grades his own coins without any accuracy? I am still tempted to buy a few of INB's slabs just to check them out, or have them re-graded by the likes of NGC, PGCS, etc. Here is the URL to INB's eBay site. The deals are just way too good to be true. Most people winning are getting 19K worth of catalog value for only about $56.00.

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=numismaticbureau&&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&sspagename=VIP:feedback:2:us&iid=220129729485

Good Hunting

#1792678 - 07/16/07 06:15 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: PeteFrazier]
Lem Offline

Loc: Virginia
I sell and buy a lot on ebay and the first thing I look at is their feedback rating. This company doesn't have a good feedback rating in my opinion. 1046 negatives just makes me say thanks but no thanks! Your taking a chance!

No problems, Just solutions!!!
Question the answers!!!

#1792684 - 07/16/07 06:19 PM Re: INB certified and slabbed coins...how accurate? [Re: Lem]
Lem Offline

Loc: Virginia
Oh yeah that's not including the neutrals, 842 in the last twelve months. These are usually unhappy people, happy people leave positive.

No problems, Just solutions!!!
Question the answers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  ngcmod, dena, Jay Turner, CCGmod0, PaulS., Barbara T, Keith Zaner, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH - 1843 MS64+ CAC quarter, 1824 AU53 half, doubled profile
by scubafuel
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
Auctioning Raw Rainbow toned ASE's on eBay started at .99c
by Doily
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
New coins @ kittlecoins.com: MS67+ Buffalo 5c, Toned Bust Halves, Commems & more
by illini420
09/19/14 09:06 PM
1837 Feuchtwanger 3c coin for sale at the Gettysburg Coin Show
by MICHAELDIXON
09/19/14 09:25 AM
Comics Marketplace
FS: Star Wars Rebel Heist 1-4 Complete Set (Reg/Var/Sketch)!
by projekt
22 minutes 55 seconds ago
DEADPOOL Galore!
by AGGIEZ
Today at 10:31 AM
silver f.s. fantasy masterpieces 2, mile high II
by Straw-Man
Today at 10:20 AM
Mal signature services - UK based.
by Garf
Today at 08:48 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.033 seconds in which 0.021 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.